Carnival Victory Key West and Cozumel Family Cruise 8/15-8/19

ericadawn2001

I just saw this review while reading thru the boards and I see you guys had a very good time overall. I took this cruise on the Imagination last month and have been to both ports multiple times. I have sailed the Victory and it is a decent middle-sized ship. Plenty to do.

I had never ventured out onto the island in Cozumel before this last time there as there is quite a bit to do in the port vicinity. I took a city cab tour of the island for $35 a person that ended up being a private tour since we took it so late in the afternoon. I have also done the glass bottom boat tour there but the high price to go to a beach kind of turned me off to the idea. I live within 2 hours of either driving or flying to get to good beaches so I don't really like the idea of paying to spend all day at one. Some of the private tours are superior to the ship-sponsored ones anyway. I posted a review of my most recent trip and the link is in my signature if you ever want to compare our experiences. Wrigley80 also was on the same sailing as myself and she posted an excellent review

herself.

I find it funny that you compared the stage shows to a high school production. They are OK and the performers try but personally, I think the productions I was a part of in high school were better much of the time. haha When they dumped the live pit music from the shows on a lot of the ships, it kind of took a lot away from the experience. Suffice to say I don't cruise for stage productions. Comedians on the other hand...

Thanks for posting the review and glad you had fun. Cruising in general is a very enjoyable addiction, isn't it? :D

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ