Jewel Dry Dock May 5 - May 17, 2014

Admin

I wholeheartedly agree. The moving of the Spinnakers just below passenger cabins aft made no sense on many levels. Those cabins are constantly registering noise complaints.

Have to agree with you on the noise. Have been on the NCL Star two times. The first time was on Deck 8 and had the Spinnaker right below my room. Being a light sleeper and wearing ear plugs, I could still hear the heavy bass. Talked to the cruise director who did agree to get them to turn the bass down a little which was done. I do commend NCL for actually doing this and listening to it's guests.

On the NCL Spirit, they had not done this makeover so had a wonderful enclosed lounge area at the front of the front of the boat where you could relax and watch the ocean scenery. It would be a shame for the Jewel to follow the other ships and remove this observation lounge.

Luckily for me, I will be on the Jewel in Oct and will get to enjoy the ship before any modifications are made.

Hello everyone, and goodbye.

After fighting with the "special group" for the past two days, I am now changed to a 21-day transatlantic cruise from Miami to Barcelona and the Western Med on the Epic. I'm still not happy with them, and the supervisor never returned my phone call, but at least I still have a trip next April!

We'll have to save our NOLA plans for another year. Hope to meet up with some of you on another cruise.

Goodbye for now.

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

Sandy, I didn't see this posted on our Roll Call, but Richard and I will be sorry to 'lose' the two of you...and we will also miss the chance to experience Costa Rica for the first time...take good care and have a wonderful TA cruise instead :p Via con Dios, mis compadres!

Archived