Rainy Days In Bermuda - Backup Plan?

Highboy90

Trying to be positive but are sailing to Bermuda next week aboard the Breakaway. Had planned to rent a scooter (I know, I know) for the first two days. Use the scooter to see sites and explore on day 1. Then use the scooter to get to my Boston Whaler rental in the AM on day 2. No real plans after that.

I realize one could simply use the public transportation and ride around or get a tour guide though being only two of us, that would be pricey.

My question as you can see is... What can one do if it rains while staying in Bermuda or better yet, how did any of you handle rainy Bermuda days?

Normally, we do as runner15km above did and continue on. But last Thursday, there was a huge thunderstorm just as we were finishing breakfast. I was not going to leave the ship with lightning all around! So, we just found something to do on the ship for a few hours until it cleared a bit just after noon. Then we went to Crystal Caves, followed by a stop at Bailey's Ice Cream and The Swizzle Inn.

Our original plan was to take the ferry to St. George, snorkel at Tobacco Bay then stop at the Caves on our way back into Hamilton. Instead, we took the ferry to Hamilton and went to the Caves from there.

Thank you for the replies folks. I did pick up a few cheap ponchos. Hope I don't need them.

There is an aquarium and zoo, and someone already mentioned ther crystal caves, they are good for rainy days. Also, the rain in Bermuda sometimes doesn't stay that long, even if it is really bad sometimes it just clears up quickly and then it is sunny out of nowhere.

There is an aquarium and zoo, and someone already mentioned ther crystal caves, they are good for rainy days. Also, the rain in Bermuda sometimes doesn't stay that long, even if it is really bad sometimes it just clears up quickly and then it is sunny out of nowhere.
Thank you. Good info. And yes, the weather does change fast. Many a morning, I've seen it on the ugly side in Bermuda only to see blue sky's a couple hours later.

Archived