Magic Room 2485

Sammycupcaker

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in room 2485 on a Dream Class ship. I have this room on hold for the Oct 20th sailing. I have seen pictures of the room and it looks great. My one concern is that it is directly below the Southern Lights dining room. I'm not so concerned about the noise during dinner hours as we will be either eating or out. I'm wondering about cleanup after dinner or during other times the dining room is used. Has anyone been in that room or around that area on the Ship that can provide some insight to noise levels. I'm also aware that it's above the thursters so I will get vibration from that. I'm hoping with our fan it won't be too bad.

The cabin is $200 total more than an inside room. I'm trying to decide between them.

Thanks!

Edited by Sammycupcaker

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in room 2485 on a Dream Class ship. I have this room on hold for the Oct 20th sailing. I have seen pictures of the room and it looks great. My one concern is that it is directly below the Southern Lights dining room. I'm not so concerned about the noise during dinner hours as we will be either eating or out. I'm wondering about cleanup after dinner or during other times the dining room is used. Has anyone been in that room or around that area on the Ship that can provide some insight to noise levels. I'm also aware that it's above the thursters so I will get vibration from that. I'm hoping with our fan it won't be too bad.

The cabin is $200 total more than an inside room. I'm trying to decide between them.

Thanks!

We are in our first cover balcony this December and picked a room specifically under the dining room as I would rather be under the dining room, than the Gally which is in operation 24 hours.

I think you should be fine. Because I'm hoping we will be fine!!! :D

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll go ahead and finalize it. I was trying to decide if the extra space was worth $200. I wonder if having 2 windows will make the room extra warm. I've read recently about the rooms on the Magic not cooling the best..

The Cove's are covered so I don't think the window/door will add any additional heat to the room. We sailed the Magic back in June 2012 and had an interior room (first one for us) and we never had a cooling issue.

We were in a Cove room under the front Dining Room - absolutely silent all the time (at least from above :) )

Looks like you picked an awesome cabin - you'll be fine. Close the drapes when out of the cabin - as an Arizonan I'm intimately acquainted at the help they provide in keeping a room more comfy.

2485 isn't a cove, it's an ocean-view with 2 windows instead of one. I think the OP knew this, but just wanted to clarify.

I didn't even think to look at the actual room. I just new we were on the 2nd deck and in that general area so I made a presumption. :eek:

I have been in cabin 2485 on the Magic, Dream and Breeze. It's an AWESOME room, and much bigger than other OV's. It has 2 large picture windows instead of one, and it has 1-1/2 bathrooms. The second bathroom has a junior tub with shower and a sink. There is no noise whatsoever from the dining room. The thrusters are noisy in the morning when getting into port, but it's not a big deal at all. It's definitely worth that little inconvenience to have such a nice, big room. Go for it! You'll be glad you did.

• 5 months later...
Hello,

Thanks!

Bumping to see how the OP liked this room. We're booked for it in May. =)