2014 European Cruises

Jfultz81

Hi all -

I'm looking at European cruises for fall of next year. I saw a Northern Europe one that leaves on my b-day and was checking out the itinerary when I saw this message next to it -

Please Note:

Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.

Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Seriously? So does that mean when it says Tallinn, Estonia 9:00 - 5:30 that we'll only be able to be off the ship from 11:00 - 3:30? I know that sometimes they dock and it takes a little while to get off but the only time I've heard of a 2 hour wait period is when you're at your departure port.

Anyone know if this is truly the case?

Hi all -

I'm looking at European cruises for fall of next year. I saw a Northern Europe one that leaves on my b-day and was checking out the itinerary when I saw this message next to it -

Please Note:

Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.

Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Seriously? So does that mean when it says Tallinn, Estonia 9:00 - 5:30 that we'll only be able to be off the ship from 11:00 - 3:30? I know that sometimes they dock and it takes a little while to get off but the only time I've heard of a 2 hour wait period is when you're at your departure port.

Anyone know if this is truly the case?

That note refers to the first day getting on the ship and the last day getting off.

That note refers to the first day getting on the ship and the last day getting off.

This is correct.

On days the ship docks in a port as part of the cruise, the times refer to when the ship docks and when the ship will sail.

How long it will actually take to get to the port after the ship docks depends on the port, possibly customs, the crowd, and whether or not you will need a tender (a smaller ship to get you to the dock).

The ship's sailing away time is definitely the ship's sailing away time. You do not want to miss it or the ship will sail without you. The lines usually recommend that you be back at the dock (or the place to board the tender) 30 minutes prior to departure time.

Archived