Jewel Alaska Cancellations 2014

themaxydog

Just a quick note to Norwegian...

Thanks very much for this cancellation.:mad: I realise that ships need refits but I personally have been planning this cruise for 3 years, surely you had an idea Jewel would need a refit 6 months ago when I booked. I have already purchased airfares and am committed to another cruise and destinations while in the US. I don't have the luxury of delaying the cruise nor will I be back in the US before the end of 2014 so basically no compensation for having $2000 of my money.

Now you took away our Latitudes points that we earned with Star Cruises in Asia when you updated the Latitudes Rewards Program sending us backwards.

Our cruise on Epic was disappointing to say the least and now you cancel, yes with plenty of notice, but that doesn't help the fact I don't see Alaska they way I chose to.

By the way there is a third option and that is to cancel everything, my only option.

I'm starting to think the American saying of "three strikes and your out" applies here.

"Dear Valued Guest:

Norwegian Jewel's 7-Day Alaska/Sawyer Glacier sailing from Vancouver, British Columbia on May 10, 2014 is no longer

available as the ship will be out of service in dry dock for maintenance and enhancements from May 5 to May 17, 2014. We'd

like to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Transfer your vacation to the May 17, 2014 or May 24, 2014 7-day Alaska/Sawyer Glacier sailings from Seattle,

Washington and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, we are pleased to provide you with a $50 per

stateroom on-board credit to be used on any expenditure on the ship (excluding service charges). If you are currently booked

in a suite (category codes that begin with S), we are pleased to provide you with a $100 per stateroom on-board credit to be

used on any expenditure on the ship (excluding service charges).

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2014 and your cruise fare will be re-priced

to the current published fare. With this option, we are pleased to offer you a $50 per stateroom on-board credit to be used on

any expenditure on the ship (excluding service charges). If you are currently booked in a suite (category codes that begin

with S), we are pleased to offer you a $100 per stateroom on-board credit to be used on any expenditure on the ship

(excluding service charges).

We look forward to hearing from you by Wednesday, September 4, 2013 so that we can modify your reservation. We are

standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET Monday through

Friday.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation

date.

Sincerely,"

Vent complete, I feel a little better.

John

That stinks, it affects a lot of folks, including people who have booked 5 night, 7 night, 15 night, 22, 27 and even 34 night cruises during this time period on NCL Jewel.

In your case, I might look at the option of transferring your Sawyer Glacier cruise to NCL Sun, which departs Vancouver 5/9 for 7 nights, disembarking in Seattle.

It would be such a shame to lose out on an otherwise excellent vacation.

I hope that helps a bit :)

Just a quick note to Norwegian...

Thanks very much for this cancellation.:mad: I realise that ships need refits but I personally have been planning this cruise for 3 years, surely you had an idea Jewel would need a refit 6 months ago when I booked. I have already purchased airfares and am committed to another cruise and destinations while in the US. I don't have the luxury of delaying the cruise nor will I be back in the US before the end of 2014 so basically no compensation for having $2000 of my money.

Now you took away our Latitudes points that we earned with Star Cruises in Asia when you updated the Latitudes Rewards Program sending us backwards.

Our cruise on Epic was disappointing to say the least and now you cancel, yes with plenty of notice, but that doesn't help the fact I don't see Alaska they way I chose to.

By the way there is a third option and that is to cancel everything, my only option.

I'm starting to think the American saying of "three strikes and your out" applies here.

"Dear Valued Guest:

Norwegian Jewel's 7-Day Alaska/Sawyer Glacier sailing from Vancouver, British Columbia on May 10, 2014 is no longer

available as the ship will be out of service in dry dock for maintenance and enhancements from May 5 to May 17, 2014. We'd

like to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Transfer your vacation to the May 17, 2014 or May 24, 2014 7-day Alaska/Sawyer Glacier sailings from Seattle,

Washington and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, we are pleased to provide you with a $50 per

stateroom on-board credit to be used on any expenditure on the ship (excluding service charges). If you are currently booked

in a suite (category codes that begin with S), we are pleased to provide you with a $100 per stateroom on-board credit to be

used on any expenditure on the ship (excluding service charges).

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2014 and your cruise fare will be re-priced

to the current published fare. With this option, we are pleased to offer you a $50 per stateroom on-board credit to be used on

any expenditure on the ship (excluding service charges). If you are currently booked in a suite (category codes that begin

with S), we are pleased to offer you a $100 per stateroom on-board credit to be used on any expenditure on the ship

(excluding service charges).

We look forward to hearing from you by Wednesday, September 4, 2013 so that we can modify your reservation. We are

standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET Monday through

Friday.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation

date.

Sincerely,"

Vent complete, I feel a little better.

John

Option 4 - Bye Bye NCL

6 people (3 couples and 3 staterooms) are cancelling our 15 day cruise out of New Orleans to Los Angeles.

To many changes to the itinerary. Skipping Costa Rica, Adding San Diego, disembarking in San Francisco, reducing port time to 5 day (39 hours).

And $50 obc credit for the change is a joke.

Finally, this cruise itinerary should have remained the same. New Orleans to LA. Get everyone off the ship and then head up to San Francisco for dry dock...

In your case, I might look at the option of transferring your Sawyer Glacier cruise to NCL Sun, which departs Vancouver 5/9 for 7 nights, disembarking in Seattle.

Thanks for the thoughts but we looked into all the NCL options and Pearl is the only ship up there at that time and it's doing a 10 night cruise too long for us. Sun doesn't arrive until the 19th far too late for us.

The most likely option will be to transfer to RCI's Radiance of the Seas on the 9th and then ferries from Vancouver to Seattle via an overnight in Victoria, BC

John

Archived