Looking a place to hold luggage while we wait for our flight after Disembark

luvmysox1

We used them last year and intend to use them again this year.

They had a stand right outside after you come out. Took all our bags and asked what time our flight was. If I remember correctly, they have a pickup every hour, but I'm not certain. Anyway, they scheduled the pickup about 2 to 2-1/2 hours before the flight. Arranged to pick us up in front of Café Du Monde. They made sure we knew where that was and we then took the Riverwalk trolley up to Jackson Square. Had a nice lunch and walked around.

Of note: They asked for my cell phone number and I'm glad they did. About an hour before pickup, my phone rang and it was the shuttle driver. He said that due to a race going thru town, traffic was horrendous close to Café Du Monde and he felt it was risky to try and make it with respect to timing. So he set up a new location for pickup by the French market, told us where he'd park ect. He was right on time.

Took us to the airport, dropped us off right outside the area where you pickup your luggage. We went inside and there is a small area where they had two employees standing with people's luggage. We gave our name, they gave us our luggage and we were off to get check our bags.

We found them to be very efficient and friendly and it was a wonderful way for us to enjoy a few hours post cruise without lugging around all of our luggage.

If I had any complaints, it would be that when I first tried to get information from them via email, I couldn't get a response. I finally called and whomever answered the phone was very helpful.

Double check pricing. I know they charge a flat rate for like up to 4 bags, and then charge additional for more bags. But we found it worth it and as I said, we will use them again in when we get back from our cruise in a week.

We used them last year and intend to use them again this year.

They had a stand right outside after you come out. Took all our bags and asked what time our flight was. If I remember correctly, they have a pickup every hour, but I'm not certain. Anyway, they scheduled the pickup about 2 to 2-1/2 hours before the flight. Arranged to pick us up in front of Café Du Monde. They made sure we knew where that was and we then took the Riverwalk trolley up to Jackson Square. Had a nice lunch and walked around.

Of note: They asked for my cell phone number and I'm glad they did. About an hour before pickup, my phone rang and it was the shuttle driver. He said that due to a race going thru town, traffic was horrendous close to Café Du Monde and he felt it was risky to try and make it with respect to timing. So he set up a new location for pickup by the French market, told us where he'd park ect. He was right on time.

Took us to the airport, dropped us off right outside the area where you pickup your luggage. We went inside and there is a small area where they had two employees standing with people's luggage. We gave our name, they gave us our luggage and we were off to get check our bags.

We found them to be very efficient and friendly and it was a wonderful way for us to enjoy a few hours post cruise without lugging around all of our luggage.

If I had any complaints, it would be that when I first tried to get information from them via email, I couldn't get a response. I finally called and whomever answered the phone was very helpful.

Double check pricing. I know they charge a flat rate for like up to 4 bags, and then charge additional for more bags. But we found it worth it and as I said, we will use them again in when we get back from our cruise in a week.

thank u

Do they also provide you with transportation to the airport? You mentioned meeting a driver. What is the cost for the ride?

Yes, they took our bags at the port. We went off on our own and they picked us up in a shuttle van about 2 -1/2 hours before our flight and took us to the airport.

The price we paid them at the port included taking our bags AND picking us up later and taking us to the airport. It did NOT include a tip for the driver, which we did separately. He was a nice guy. Older gentleman that had some "strong opinions" about some stuff you see in New Orleans ;) but it was more of a generational thing I think. Despite his personal opinions, he remained professional and was VERY informative about the area. As we would drive, he would point our areas of interest, tell us about areas most affected by Katrina, ect. Was a nice, interesting ride to the airport, rather than those quiet, stuffy rides where you just sit there staring out the window.

I wish I could remember how much it was, but I can't. I'm going to call them to see what the current pricing is and will post it once I do.

Here's what is listed on their website.

Last year I called to make a reservation and he told me to not worry about it, just go to the stand outside the terminal

Hope this helps!!

h_services.gifAdvance Check-In! lets travelers maximize their time – and their fun – when visiting New Orleans. Travelers can check their luggage with us, we will transport the bags to and/or from the requested hotel, cruise terminal and New Orleans Airport. For just $25.00 for up to four pieces of luggage we will pick-up and transport your bags to your hotel, cruise ship* or to the airport. Additional bags can be included for $5.00 each.

* Luggage going to the cruise ships will be forwarded through security and cruise line personnel will deliver that bags directly to your cabin.

NOTE: Luggage must be tagged (with cruise ship tags) prior to releasing luggage to Advance Check-In! agents. Luggage can not be forwarded to the cruise ship without completed tags attached.

Airport to Cruise Ship

How the service works:

1. Claim your luggage at the New Orleans airport as you normally would do.
  2. Bring your bags to the Advance Check-In! office located in between Belt #5 and #6 in the luggage area.
  3. Enjoy New Orleans with both hands free!

Cruise Ship to Airport

How the service works:

1. Claim your luggage when you disembark from the ship and proceed through customs.
  2. Bring your luggage to the Advance Check-In! desk, located in the passenger pick-up/drop-off area.
  3. Enjoy New Orleans with both hands free!
  4. Upon arrival at the New Orleans airport, claim your bags from our office located in the Baggage Claim area on the first floor in between Belt #5 and #6.
  5. Claim your luggage at your destination airport.

That is what I saw too. We will definitely be using them. I am so excited I don't have to drag my luggage around for 3 hours while look around.

I am surprised no one ever brought this company up before. Sounds get and especially the price.

I have one question. Do they bring you luggage to checkin point or do they deliver it straight to the airline?

That is what I saw too. We will definitely be using them. I am so excited I don't have to drag my luggage around for 3 hours while look around.

I am surprised no one ever brought this company up before. Sounds get and especially the price.

I have one question. Do they bring you luggage to checkin point or do they deliver it straight to the airline?

I'm not absolutely sure if I am understanding your question the right way ;) so I'll answer it two ways:

1. Keep in mind that this is NOT the luggage transfer service that used thru Carnival. This is a service that is independent so their service begins only after you get off the ship WITH your luggage.

From what I read last year, that means you should NOT use the Zone debarking. You will have to do self assist, meaning you do NOT leave your bags outside of your cabin door the night before the cruise ends. You will have to keep your bags and take them off of the ship with you.

If you are asking if the transfer service brings the bags in the shuttle with them when they pick you up at Café Du Monde in the quarter, then the answer is no, they do not. They will pick you up and drop you off at the airport and direct you to a place between two baggage claim areas. That's where you'll find one or two people standing with your luggage. Their should be an Advance Checkin Sign or something I think.

I'm actually surprised more people don't mention this service as well. Last year there was a few posts about it. One person hated it and told everyone to never use them - that they caused all kinds of issues, ect. But a few other posts said they were really happy with them. We took a chance and were glad we did. I'm hoping that the bad service that lady received was either a fluke or a person you just can't please rather than my good service being a fluke :)

Archived