Beijing New Century Hotel

arlenemilt

Has anyone here stayed at this hotel? We just got notice that this is where Princess is putting us for our one night operational. Googling this facility has elicited the info that it's a 5* hotel :D . I sort of expected a cheapo accommodation, so am quite pleased with their choice. We've been to Beijing twice; once at a 5* :) , the other we won't talk about. :(

Arlene

I believe that was the name of the hotel we stayed at in Bejing, on a Regal Princess post-cruise, 3-01.

I doubt that I would have rated it 5 star, but 4 star would be fair. There was so much Gobi Desert dust and construction dust that everything in Bejing was covered. It was handy to the Hutongs, and the Museum.

Hey Druke......

I would expect that in 4 years they should have finished their "construction." :) This hotel appears to be walking distance to Tianamen Square; been there, done that. Besides, arriving very late at night and being transferred to the ship in the morning, isn't going to give us much free time. I wonder if breakfast is included. I just need my caffeine, but hubby needs breakfast!

Arlene

Arlene

When I referred to construction dust, I was not speaking of the hotel alone.

The whole city had a massive construction effort underway, replacing hutongs with high-rise residential blocks, and the dust is pervasive.

I for one was not impressed with Beijing - much preferred Shanghai.

I knew you were referring to Beijing per se'. We've been there as recently as 2002; always construction; always dust. Now more ever, since they've got to pull themselves together for the 2008 Olympics.

A.

Archived