first timers

greenstreet

Greenstreet, we are from England and have just got back from our first ever cruise (last night actually).

I, like you, was worried about feeling seasick, and I got a lot of information from these Boards beforehand.

Most people recommended Bonine, which we cant get over here, but I got a friend in New York to get some for me, and post it over.

I took one every night, (including the night before we left) and I didnt feel sick at all. I think it made me feel a little drowsy, but nothing to worry about.

I think I read that you will be able to go shopping in Walmart before your cruise, and I think you will be able to get it there. (Our friend got mine in Costco, it was $4.99 for 16 tablets)

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
green,

please tell your hubby that there ways of smuggling liquor on board. just read up on these message boards. there are plenty of suggestions here. we followed them and it worked on 2 different lines. good luck.

I was just on the Majesty last month and I was traveling with my brother. When we went to board the ship, my brother was pulled aside and asked to go down to security because something in his bag was flagged. So he went down to check it out and they couldn't figure it out so he was cleared. Anyhow while he was there he saw so many people getting flagged for alcohol and they were all getting fined. One person had three shopping bags filled with nips and I guess they were fined $5 each nip. So long story short, it's not work smuggling the alcohol on board.

Hola amigos,

I'm not one to partake of the demon drink, myself. Well, maybe once in a great while, but if you like to drink in excess, one of the cheapest ways is to book an all inclusive tour. We went snorkeling in Calica and the beach club had an open bar with the neatest rope swings to sit in. I had trouble staying in one sober, so I can't imagine what it would be like when I was drunk. I found a nice drinking binge place on the web for Costa Maya. Check out,www.costamayacruiseexcursions.com. They have an open bar and the intro price is $25. See if you can beat that. As for the booze smuggling, I know that it is done all of the time. I never tried it for booze. Dr. Pepper, however, is another story.:D

Everyone on here is so full of information - thank you!! I can sit here all day and just read the info that is on here!!

DH and i will be going on Glory next September - his third and my first and it just cannot come soon enough!!

One of the things i was concerned about was the motion sickness bug. With me, it comes and goes. Sometimes I can get into a car and drive only 30 miles and be sick and other times I feel fine. When we went on amtrak for a vacation, I did use non-drowsy Dramamine, and it knocked me out cold for a few hours - so is Bonine better to use? My main concern is that i do not want to be sick, but I don't want to be comatose either! Any help is appreciated!!

~~Kerrie~~

Archived