Help please. Breeze. Carnival tour of the city. Good Excursion?

AmberTeka

How long at the fort? I can walk, but easy to me is not climbing lots of stairs. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which does limit mobility. Ordinary to the bus..ordinary touring not a pr0blem...

The City Tour and the Bacardi Factory...most of the reviews on Carnival web site were bad. True?

We took the Rain Forest Drive...8 years ago and enjoyed it.

What are some good tours to take in P.R. that do not involve Beaches?

Thank you for any information you may give.....................We sail in 3 weeks.

Anyone know about the Grand turk tour? Is the truck...like a Safari jeep where it is a stretch to climb up.

I know the Tours are rated for physical difficulty and such. I have been on easy tours that were awful. On one we were left to climb down the 199 stairs in St.Thomas. The worst day of my Husband;s life. I whined ever step of the way. But made it. Then when we reached the bottom and sat down.............an elderly tourist fell right into heavy traffic. Two Americans from our ship...immediately rushed in ..grabbed and drug him out. His concern..was his camera OK. He was probably in Shock. Then we caught one of the trolley like taxis. Happy day. and I like St. Thomas. Beautiful.

How long at the fort? I can walk, but easy to me is not climbing lots of stairs. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which does limit mobility. Ordinary to the bus..ordinary touring not a pr0blem...

The City Tour and the Bacardi Factory...most of the reviews on Carnival web site were bad. True?

We took the Rain Forest Drive...8 years ago and enjoyed it.

What are some good tours to take in P.R. that do not involve Beaches?

Thank you for any information you may give.....................We sail in 3 weeks.

Anyone know about the Grand turk tour? Is the truck...like a Safari jeep where it is a stretch to climb up.

I know the Tours are rated for physical difficulty and such. I have been on easy tours that were awful. On one we were left to climb down the 199 stairs in St.Thomas. The worst day of my Husband;s life. I whined ever step of the way. But made it. Then when we reached the bottom and sat down.............an elderly tourist fell right into heavy traffic. Two Americans from our ship...immediately rushed in ..grabbed and drug him out. His concern..was his camera OK. He was probably in Shock. Then we caught one of the trolley like taxis. Happy day. and I like St. Thomas. Beautiful.

We are going to San Juan in April, but I have not been there personally. however, I have been doing a lot of research and many folks suggest taking the free trolley that does a complete circuit around old town to see it and then decide if you want to get off for a little shopping or dining. Good luck.

There are several forts in San Juan. We took a tour of the rainforest which ended at Castillo de San Critobal, the large fort you see as you enter the harbor.

There are two entrances to the fort, one from the city and a second fron the visitor's center. Both entrances involve stairs -- not sure if there's an accessible entrance. Once you get into the fort, most of it can be viewed without climbing stairs.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

We took a tour of the rainforest which ended at Castillo de San Cristobal, the large fort you see as you enter the harbor.

San Cristobal is not the fort that you see as you enter the harbor. That's San Felipe del Morro. San Cristobal is a smaller fort more to the east.

OP: Old San Juan is a walking city which indeed does involve a lot of walking along narrow (and many times congested) cobblestoned streets, many times uphill. You can do it on your own by grabbing a walking tour map at the Welcome Center but it will be a bit strenuous if you have any type of physical limitation.

As someone else mentioned, there's a trolley that loops around the old city,so that may be a good bet if you want to see the sights with limited physical activity. Whatever you do, DON'T just walk around the immediate vicinity of the cruise terminal. There's SO much to see in Puerto Rico that not even a week long vacation would be enough to truly get a feel for what this wonderful port of call has to offer! :)

Archived