Jet Ski Question

addictedtoRCCL

I was contemplating taking one of the jet ski tours to stingray city but I have a question. Being a plus size woman in her early 40's who may not be in the best of shape---- how difficult is it getting off and on the jet ski when you are at stingray city? I would hate to book the excursion and completely embarass my teenage daughter by not being able to get back on. :eek:

That's a good question. We rode them in Bermuda last week - I can get on the jet ski from a dock or the beach, but not sure about getting on in the water - even if there is a sand bar. We will be in Grand Cayman in December and I'd love to know as I'd like to ride again.

We took the Fat Fish Adventures tour on our own while staying on the island and had a friend who had just had shoulder surgery and could only use one arm and she was fine, her husband helped a little I'm sure. It really depends on how heavy you are I suppose. If you can easily climb a vertical ladder out of a pool for example you will probably be just fine. You mount then from the rear when in the water, and will just need to gain a knee hold paryway on and raise yourseld up from there.

I would highly recommend the FFA option over any others.

Archived