Help deciding which ship / port please

mimiluvs2cruz

Been to the Bahamas a few times and would skip that stop. I would do the Paradise (Tampa) which stops at Grand Cayman and Cozumel or the Triumph (Galveston) which stops at Progreso and Cozumel. I like the west destination much better than the east. Have fun!

That being said, I would definitely do a 5 day cruise out of Galveston if I were you and your friends. Easier, cheaper, shorter (especially with newbies). Save the 7 day Eastern itinerary for a time you go with your family.

I agree with this. If you sail out of a port other than Galveston or New Orleans - and for longer than 5 days - you are turning what is a 'friendly get-away' into a 'major vacation'. I would fear that some of your friends would decide it was becoming too costly, etc and cancel out on you.

I vote to sail Triumph out of Galveston.

Been to progresso 2 times. Once on the Triumph in december and then prior to that on the Ecstasy in July. Love progresso. Its way more down to earth and "real mexico" than cozumel ( well the port areas of cozumel). Its getting more touristy but its a great town that you can just walk through the town. Thats what we did on our last cruise down there on the Triumph. My DD(8) and youngest DS (2) did the double decker bus tour and then met up with DH and DS (12) and just walked through the streets down to the water. Ate at a little local place on one of the side streets before the water. Really good food.

We did something very similar on our first trip there on the Ecstasy except we stayed near the water and ate lunch at the beach.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Great town, great people!

Archived