Bonorong Wildlife Park - Twilight Tour

Murgat

Has anyone done the twilight tour at Bonorong? Is it worthwhile as a backstage tour? The cruise tour price seems reasonable and more convenient for getting around on your own at night on a Sunday.

I organised a CC group to do a night time tour at Bonorong Wildlife Park last November. Everyone agreed that it was a highlight of our cruise.

So many of Australia's native animals are nocturnal and only active at twiglight so a night time tour is the only way to see them.

On entering the park we were sent with packets of food, to the kangaroo lawn where we were greeted by a mob of very active roos. We had a close encounter with a wombat and learnt a great deal about wombats from our personal guide. The Koalas were awake, feeding , climbing trees and walking around the enclosure. Feeding the Tassy Devils was very exciting. I could well understand how the first settlers thought the bush was full of ghouls and evil beings - the noise they made was eerie.

We had Beetongs running around our feet and watched active pigmy possums gliding around. There were many more animals and I could go on and on.

The staff at the Wildlife Park were very good and willing to answer questions and excited to show and talk about the animals.

The distance to the park and the lack of public transport is challenging however if you are hiring a car it is an easy drive.

I hired a bus and driver from The Hobart Bus Co. They picked us up at the dock and returned us to the dock after our tour.

Thank you Birubi. It will be a good choice for me based on your report and reviews on Tripadvisor. I am going to be less adventurous and book through the ship. I think the group may prove to be larger than yours.

Hi Murgat, the ships tour will be good too. The only problem with a big group is that you have to take turns with the feeding as they do not have big numbers of any one species. Then again, even in our group, not everyone was keen to feed all the animals. There are lots of kangaroos and everyone will get to feed them.:)

Archived