Haven Guests

diskids2

IMO best deal for the suite life. Great views and a healthy walk to the Epic Club and Haven Courtyard.

LOL...my thoughts - EXACTLY! :D

Leaving in 12 days on the Breakaway. Our first Haven - Aft Facing Penthouse suite. We were in the Haven Courtyard on the Epic - but I think the extra walking on the Breakaway will do us well!! ;) :)

LOL...my thoughts - EXACTLY! :D

Leaving in 12 days on the Breakaway. Our first Haven - Aft Facing Penthouse suite. We were in the Haven Courtyard on the Epic - but I think the extra walking on the Breakaway will do us well!! ;) :)

I lost two pounds on my cruise walking to the haven multiple times a day. I would do it again, as I loved that s6 balcony. :)

We had a similar confrontation, but ours with with another passenger. Last year we were sailing on the Pearl to Alaska in an Owners Suite. We hadn't been up to the Haven since several other couples that were sailing with us were in suites but didn't have access to the Haven. One evening DH and I decided to go up to the Concierge Lounge to relax. As we were relaxing with a drink a gentleman :rolleyes: came up and proceeded to inform us that we were NOT allowed in the Haven. I asked him what made him think that we were not allowed there. He said that he had never seen us in the Haven before. My DH (god love him) asked the gentleman what stateroom he was in. He replied that he was in a 1 bedroom Haven suite. To which my DH replied that we were in an OS, which was several categories above his stateroom, and we were most definately allowed in the Haven. ( I didn't think DH had a clue about the ranking of the suites, go figure:p) How else would we have been able to access that floor let alone the Concierge Lounge. DH told him we could also call John D'Souza (concierge) if he would like confirmation that we were ALLOWED in the Haven. He just turned red and walked away. :D

What a jerk!

I do have a tiny quibble though. On Pearl and her sisters, the OS isn't several categories above the one and two bedroom Haven Villas. It's actually the next category above them. Now, if you want to talk about the OS accommodations (size, amenities, etc.) and perks (3 bottles of alcohol anyone?) versus those of the Haven Villas, then I completely agree. OTOH, it's not as if the Haven Villas (even the one bedroom ones, which we've had) are bad. Compared to our usual mini-suites or balconies, they are worlds apart.

You're right about that idiot who should have asked himself exactly how you got up there if your card wasn't coded for it. Considering you have to use it for both the elevator and the "side" door entrance, you couldn't have just waltzed in. And really, he hadn't seen you there before? Did he seriously sit there making lists or taking photos or something? I'm glad your hubby put him in his place, as it were.

beachchick

p.s., Someday we hope to move up to an OS or (dare to dream) a DOS. I think we could handle the bother of having to leave our OS and travel to the actual Haven.;):D

Archived