Norwegian Sky - Booking\Upgrade Question

monkeyh

Hi there,

First post!

Great site and community. Which leads to my question please.We have booked our first cruise Oceanview Partial obrstructed and we're looking to upgrade to balcony which as far as we're aware is sold out.

My question is when do any cancellations come back online for purchase? Do I reserve it on the site then phone? Are they in drips or do they hold all cancelations back till a certain date?

I note my last payment date is October (Cruise is December) will there definitely be cancellations around this time?

I know these questions are very open and not always set in stone but I see some seasoned travellers who may give some insight. I tried NCL but as you can imagine they were not great.

Thanks in advance

When I recently upgraded from a balcony to a suite, my old balcony cabin was immediately available on the ncl.com when the upgrade was completed. Additionally, suites which were up until a couple of days ago "sold out" showed as available -- although at $600 pp over what I paid :eek: -- and now again show "sold out" - so, I'd say the website is pretty dynamic in that it reflects current availability which changes as bookings change.

Try both avenues - keep an eye on the website, but also call and check with NCL directly (if you booked directly) or your TA.

Thanks for reply. Which means the balconies could become available at all hours as im in Europe :D For your suite did you reserve it on the site (before you checkout) then ring them?

There is a suite there now however I do not want to be relieved of 6000 Euro to get it hopefully someone with a balcony is looking :D

I did not reserve it on the site first, I just called right away and nabbed the aft corner Penthouse suite. I wasn't really looking to upgrade and would have been fine with the balcony I had but the price was too good to pass up... WAY to good. Plus, the BA price had dropped so much that I would have spent the whole trip regretting not have done the upgrade.

You've got a ways to go before you sail. Keep your eye on things...

For sure keep checking on a regular basis, but as final payment date gets closer, you may start to see some open up. People tend to hold onto their reservations until the last minute if they're not sure they're going to be able to sail. After final payment date, the prices often drop as well (depending on your ship and itinerary) as NCL attempts to fill all staterooms, so you may find out you can get a balcony for no more than you already paid anyway.

Don't think you can get on a waiting list, though. At least I have never heard of that.

Archived