Holiday cruises

Winner

We just received both an e-mail and a mailing from Seabourn re holiday Caribbean sailings on Pride and Legend--same dates but reverse itineraries. Interestingly, the mailing discount is more attractive than the internet one.

We'd probably cruise on Pride since she is our favorite of the three; we usually avoid the Caribbean like the plague, but all ports except Virgin Islands are new to us.

I'm sure many of you have done the Christmas/New Year's cruises; did you enjoy them and would you do so again?

Hi Winner,

What was the mailing? Is it a 50% off sailing? We received a snail mailing and were likewise intrigued, if that is what you are referring to. As for emails, I have received nothing, so don't know if there is a better offer available.

Thanks!

Denyse

Denyse--the snail mail is 50% off but the e-mail is only 34%; maybe the small "brochure" was sent only to Club members? Are you leaning towards the Pride, as we are? Would love to meet the face behind the message!

Winnie

Winner,

I recall the snail mail was for club members as well.

We are looking at the Legend simply because we will already be onboard for the Panama Canal cruise beginning December 4th, and it would be a continuation of that cruise through the holidays. The only down side is that it is right before dry dock, and having experienced a cruise just before drydock in 1999, it was a bit annoying to hear banging in the early hours the last 5 days of the 2-week cruise, and to see parts of the ship being disassembled in the hallways. I believe the Pride will already have completed drydock, as the Legend is the last of the triplets to be refurbished (early January in Freeport).

Still, the thought of missing Bay Area rains is a real plus!!! (Not to mention Captain Thue-Nilsen! ;)) Is Captain TT on the Pride in December?

Happy 4th, everyone!

Winner:

Also received a snail brochure for 50% off and an e-mail for 33% off. Who knows if everyone who has ever sailed on Seabourn received the former. My wife & I would really like to go to get away from northern Nevada in Dec. - Jan. Since we've only sailed on the Pride, we'll probably book her. And I do believe that she will have been through drydock.

Even though we've been to most all the ports scheduled, we really want to get back to Virgin Gorda and the beach party. Can't think of anything better than champagne & caviar in the surf in the Winter!

Hi Claudia,

When we were on the Crossing that ended in Lisbon in April, Capt.Thue-Nilsen said he would be back on (after summer ends) from late October until early January. I think the drydock in early January 06 is when he leaves for vacation.

Does anybody know for sure? Funny how we get attached to the various officers and crew, as well as passengers who become friends for life!

Denyse

Just got an e-mail from my T/A at Golden Bear Travel which said that the holiday cruises are indeed 50% off. Also got a quote for an A1 suite which most likely means no A suites are left.

Archived