Magic - 7/23-7/30/05, Single parent w/16 yr old

CruisingLady44

On the cruise they usually have a time for singles on the ship to meet and socialize some to get aquainted. the day and time will be listed in your navigator newspaper that will be in your room.

Also you might want to post the same question on: www.dcltribute.com

This web site is for DCL only. It's a very active site!!! Also most people have started threads for their cruise and can meet others who are on their cruise before going. This is especially great for the kids who can have a friend waiting before they even get on board. Usually they pick a meeting spot on the first day to actually meet in person. This is great because you keep meeting each other throughout your cruise and share your experiences. Anyway if you post there you will have abetter chance of finding other single parents cruising. I have seen several threads posted on this subject on that site.

good luck,

momx4,grandma x4

Also check out www.disboards.com - there should be a cruise meet thread going for your cruise. I'm on the Aug 6 sailing - just me and DD as DH doesn't want to be immersed in Disney.

But by chatting with other cruisers I now have our reservations linked with theirs for dinner and another cruiser will go to the "high tea" with me. So far, haven't found someone to go to brunch with me but hopefully I'll meet someone who would like to enjoy Palo and not want to go alone. DD 16 has exchanged info with some of the others' kids who will also be going to the teen area.

Enjoy your cruise - there is so much listed to do. Also check out www.tagrel.com as the Navigators (schedules) are listed there.

Archived