Best Way to Blue Hole Park by Bus

cruisin'sz

There are 2 ways of getting to Blue Hole Park. The differences are the time on the ferry and bus. One way is a short ferry ride with a longer bus ride; the other, a long ferry ride and a shorter bus ride.

First, the short ferry ride - Take the ferry to Hamilton and walk from the ferry terminal to the bus terminal on Church St, and board a route #1, #3, #10, or #11 bus. All these routes go by BHP. Route #10 & #11 buses have a more direct route so you'll spend less time on the bus. Ferry travel time is 20 minutes, bus travel time, about 35 minutes (routes #10 & #11) plus about a 10 minute uphill walk from the ferry terminal to bus terminal.

The long ferry ride - Take the ferry to St George, and walk to the inbound bus stop on Duke of York St where you would board a route #1, #3, #10, or #11 bus. All these routes go by BHP and all have a travel time of about 20 minutes. Ferry travel time is about 40 minutes. The walk from the ferry dock to the bus stop is about 5 minutes.

For me who enjoys being on the water (you would never have guessed that), the best way is the long ferry ride plus it is not an uphill walk to the bus terminal.

Since I have never been to BHP, I can't offer any feedback.

Wherever I wrote 'bus', you could substitute 'taxi'.

SBtS

We went to Blue Hole Park recently, it is in the Walsingham Nature Reserve. We had spent the morning at Tobaccco Bay snorkeling and then took the bus from St. George's to the park (25 min). The stop is just after you cross the causeway, ask bus driver to announce the Grotto Bay Resort stop. The park is across the road. We actually missed the stop and got off at the next stop which is the Swizzle in and had to walk back. We walked down the path for about 5 minutes and came to a clearing, you veer to the right and the Blue Hole is right there. If you veer left you can follow a small path down to the rocky coastline and there is cool cave with water in it.

We swam in the Blue Hole, water was very warm, clear with some fish in it. Our kids loved it and it was a highlight of the trip. We also swam along the coast, a little rocky. We were there for a few hours and only saw a few kids who were likely locals. We then took the bus back to Hamilton, then the ferry to Dockyard.

Archived