Excursions: ship time vs island time?

Bibble

I know if I book a private excursion and they tell me a time, that it's the ISLAND time.

If I have a ship excursion, and am told a time - am I right that's ship time?

We are in port from 8am-3pm, on an island an hour behind us (Grand Cayman). Our excursion (through carnival) is at 9:45am for 1.5 hours.

As I see it, that would be ship time. We would be done at 1:15pm (ship time) and need to be on the last tender by 2:15pm.

So I'm guessing we might want to get right off the ship at 8am if we want to walk around downtown at all?

A Carnival based excursion will use ship time. You said that the tour is 1.5 hours. I'm guessing you meant 3.5 hours, if it would end at 1:15.

Oops! yes, I meant 3.5!

Ship tours will all go on ships time

Thank you both!!

I figured that, but wanted to be sure :)

if you get off the ship at 8am its 7am on the island...will the stores be opened? carnivsl stayes'on the time of the home port. rare do they change times. unless'the ports are two hour difference

If you want to avoid long tender lines at the end of the day, go back to the ship soon after your tour ends.

Be sure to keep your watch on ship time. And don't ask islanders what time it is because they'll tell you their local time.

If you want to avoid long tender lines at the end of the day, go back to the ship soon after your tour ends.

Be sure to keep your watch on ship time. And don't ask islanders what time it is because they'll tell you their local time.

and do NOT use your cell phone for the time

and do NOT use your cell phone for the time

I've learned that!! almost had a big "oops" long time ago - LOL!

I'm hoping that when we got off in Grand Cayman, even though it's 7:00, I'm hoping it's like key West, that they open because the ship is in. The more we see before our tour, the better we are afterwards... (My daughter gets a spoon every where we go, mom collects snow globes, so it's those kinds of things we need to try and find)

I've learned that!! almost had a big "oops" long time ago - LOL!

I'm hoping that when we got off in Grand Cayman, even though it's 7:00, I'm hoping it's like key West, that they open because the ship is in. The more we see before our tour, the better we are afterwards... (My daughter gets a spoon every where we go, mom collects snow globes, so it's those kinds of things we need to try and find)

In my experience the stores in Grand Cayman with not be open a 7:00 a.m.

In my experience the stores in Grand Cayman with not be open a 7:00 a.m.

Most of the shops right inside the port were open as soon as we tendered, so we got our shopping done then. (Paid a little more than out on the streets, etc, but a souvenir spoon and snowglobe are mandatory for my daughter - LOL! - that I would have been really upset had we not gotten them.)

I'm glad we did, because when we got back, we basically had time to just get in line for the tender back.

Archived