Leaving kids in kids club when you go on shore

Oreollie

I "left" my child in the Disney Fantasy kid's club when I went ashore last year. I really didn't "leave" her, she didn't want to accompany me to a "boring" excursion because they were about to make cupcakes or something filled with gooey chocolate. I was off the ship for a couple of hours and didn't worry in the least. They took great care of her and when I returned to pick her up, I found her doing a dance with Princess Aurora. I think it's up to each individual parent, the child's comfort level, and your trust in whatever kid club they're attending. There is no right or wrong - only what best suits your family and your situation.

The other issue that concerns me is what happens to her if something happens to me. LIke if I miss the ship or have an accident in port.

If you have an accident in port, then your daughter is far better off in Kids' Club than if she was standing by the roadside watching you bleed.

If you miss the ship with your daughter on board, then you're a naughty mother. There are no circumstances where it's reasonable to miss the ship in those circumstances - you simply would not be (barring the aforementioned accident) so far from the ship that you can't get back. If you're going far from the port, you do it in the morning so you've got a whole afternoon to get back, or at the very least you do it on a ship-run excursion so they'll wait.

Without major disaster, those we can't control, missing the ship would take serious effort or some good Tequila in Mexico or bad herb in Jamaica. You are taking about a good day in most ports.

I have seen bad accidents in both ports and you wouldn't want a young child there.

Archived