Getting a cab from the terminal in NYC

Heidict

I cruised out of NYC a couple years ago towards the end of August and when leaving could not find a cab. I would have expected them to be lined up, but there were nine in site.

We stood in a long taxi line and one would come up occasionally. In all it took us close to 60 minutes to get a cab, when we were about 15th in line.

Is this normal? We plan on going in NCL Breakaway in April if next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I cruised out of NYC a couple years ago towards the end of August and when leaving could not find a cab. I would have expected them to be lined up, but there were nine in site.

We stood in a long taxi line and one would come up occasionally. In all it took us close to 60 minutes to get a cab, when we were about 15th in line.

Is this normal? We plan on going in NCL Breakaway in April if next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last August, at 8:15am, it took about an 1 1/4 hours and we were number 45 in line. About 9am, once rush hour in NY was over, lots of taxis came. Before then it was really slow. I read on these boards that if you go down the elevator and cross the street, it is easier to hail a cab--there is no cab line.

Last August, at 8:15am, it took about an 1 1/4 hours and we were number 45 in line. About 9am, once rush hour in NY was over, lots of taxis came. Before then it was really slow. I read on these boards that if you go down the elevator and cross the street, it is easier to hail a cab--there is no cab line.

That's exactly what we do. We've either never had to wait for a cab, or one came by within just a couple of minutes.

Archived