Carnival Biscuits

Sargent_Schultz

I have occasionally seen and tried biscuits on Carnival and they were delicious. Haven't been brave enough to try the gravy because I doubt it is anything close to the real sausage gravy that I know and love. Don't confuse the hockey puck hash brown potatoes with the biscuits. :)

P1130520.JPG

I have never seen biscuits on a CCL cruise, whether in the dining rooms at breakfast or on Lido deck. Especially on the ships out of New Orleans! Thanks for showing proof that it is possible to find a biscuit! This has been perplexing me for quite some time.

Is this an old picture? It is difficult to even find a tray to put your food on these days.

I have never seen biscuits on a CCL cruise, whether in the dining rooms at breakfast or on Lido deck. Especially on the ships out of New Orleans! Thanks for showing proof that it is possible to find a biscuit! This has been perplexing me for quite some time.

You're welcome. We need to let Carnival know that biscuits are required, especially for cruises from the South. :)

The biscuits pictured were actually on a Carnival Hawaii cruise. It is rare that I see them. Like an endangered species. Go figure. :D

Help me out here. I'm a bit confused. I've never seen biscuit on any Carnival cruise. That tray I've never seen before either. Is this recent?

OOPs! Sorry! Didn't realize you said a Hawaiian cruise.

Help me out here. I'm a bit confused. I've never seen biscuit in any Carnival cruise. That tray I've never seen before either. Is this recent?

OOPs! Sorry! Didn't realize you said a Hawaiian cruise.

All of Carnival's ships used to have trays, some (like Carnival Elation) still do. Other ships have gone to using large plates. Nothing says you can't pack your own tray and some people keep their room service trays.

That cruise was from 2010 on Carnival Spirit (which was transferred to Australia).

I need to start asking the Food and Beverage managers on my cruises about getting biscuits and why they aren't offered.

They do exist!!!!!! :eek:

Santa must hide them. All of my cruises, I have never seen them.

As for the sausage gravy...I love gravy, just not the sausage in the gravy.

I always look for biscuits but have never found them. I'll keep searching, and someday, hopefully I'll be able to check them out.

Thanks for the report.

I always look for biscuits but have never found them. I'll keep searching, and someday, hopefully I'll be able to check them out.

Thanks for the report.

You're welcome. If not on your ship, maybe you could ask the maitre d' in the MDR if they could have some special for you one morning? Couldn't hurt.

All of Carnival's ships used to have trays, some (like Carnival Elation) still do. Other ships have gone to using large plates. Nothing says you can't pack your own tray and some people keep their room service trays.

That cruise was from 2010 on Carnival Spirit (which was transferred to Australia).

I need to start asking the Food and Beverage managers on my cruises about getting biscuits and why they aren't offered.

I bet if enough of us ask for the biscuits they will put them on more ships!

Thanks for the report.

When I did find them, they weren't there every day. I think we had them the second day of our 8 day.

We had real southern style biscuits (with the best sausage gravy ever! ) Sarge, on our very first cruise years ago on the little Holiday.

In fact many cruises later no ship has come close to the food on that ship.

I was on the Holiday a number of times and must have missed them. But I often missed breakfast back then. :cool:

I still miss the Holiday, but did see the new Grand Holiday in Barcelona in 2011.

DSC_2987.JPG

Thanks for the report.

A biscuit with the white sawmill gravy, like the gravy put on a Chicken Fried Steak, would be wonderful. The ships should have such southern comfort foods. Perhaps replace Norlander bread with drop biscuits?

Now I have that Blues Brothers song "Rubber Biscuit" going through my head. :)

A ricochet biscuit? If it don't bounce back, you go hungry!

A combination omelette, bacon and a ricochet biscuit with sugar free jam. Now that would be an interesting request for breakfast in the dining room...

What do you want for nothing? :D

A ricochet biscuit? If it don't bounce back, you go hungry!

A combination omelette, bacon and a ricochet biscuit with sugar free jam. Now that would be an interesting request for breakfast in the dining room...

What do you want for nothing? :D

Bow bow oooh ooh oooh oooooooo-waaaaaaaah..

I agree. The biscuits I have seen and tried to eat were very dry but then again all of their bread has been hard. Southern girl=sausage gravy.:D Sarge, I love the whining sign.:)

If you go late or the food has been sitting a while, anything can dry out. The few Carnival biscuits I've had were pretty good.

With biscuits it's gotta be sausage gravy or nothing.

Thank you. :)

Try the cheese girts at the brunch, I think they are awesome. :)

DSC_6052_Zyde.jpg

I don't think real southern grits would have a Kraft single melted on top. BTW, I've had biscuits and grits on Carnival and think they're not bad at all. Real homemade southern biscuits are not that easy to make. I've tried my Mom's, grandmother's and great grandmother's biscuit recipes and they always suck. I think it's my technique.

I don't think real southern grits would have a Kraft single melted on top. BTW, I've had biscuits and grits on Carnival and think they're not bad at all. Real homemade southern biscuits are not that easy to make. I've tried my Mom's, grandmother's and great grandmother's biscuit recipes and they always suck. I think it's my technique.

I think the jalapeno slice on top would be a giveaway that these are not authentic southern. :p

I think you could gather cooks from all over the South and it would be unusual for them to all make the same biscuit or for that matter, fried chicken. :)

Archived