Ships with cabins for 5 people?

gkrnjlr

We are a family of 5 and our kids are too young to go into a cabin by themselves. At one time I had a list of three (?) ships that MSC has that have some cabins that hold 5. Does anyone know which ships will accommodate 5 in one cabin without going into a suite?

Thanks!

Jennifer

We are a family of 5 and our kids are too young to go into a cabin by themselves. At one time I had a list of three (?) ships that MSC has that have some cabins that hold 5. Does anyone know which ships will accommodate 5 in one cabin without going into a suite?

Thanks!

Jennifer

All the LIRICA class MSC ships (Lirica, Opera, Armonia, and Sinfonia) have 2 "Family Cabins" . Cabin Nos 9003 and 9006 (on all four ships). THese cabins are designated as 4 berth cabins, but you may be able to fit a family of 5 if the children are young and as such small. Although it may mean 3 children on pull out sofas

here is the floor plan of a Family Cabin

fc.jpg

Hope this helps

pete

Hi Jennifer,

We sailed on the Opera in April 2013 and had cabins 9003 and 9006 (two adults, two teenagers, one preschooler, and Grandma). The diagram Pete posted gives you a great idea of the layout. The bedroom has two beds that can be made into one two-person bed, plus a fold-down bed on the wall with the door (the opposite wall has a window which faces forward on the ship--outside the window there is a balcony which you can access from the hallway). The sofa in the other room folds out into a bed. I would describe the sofabed as larger than an American twin-size (single) bed, but smaller than a double bed. Two very small people could share it, if they get along well. :-) The room would work for a family with three small kids, if MSC will allow it. As Pete said, it is listed as a four-person cabin and really only has beds for four. I wish MSC would put in a bigger sofa bed and offer it for five, especially since they don't have many connecting oceanview cabins as an alternative.

Contact MSC and see what they say. We loved these cabins and would recommend them highly! Let us know what you learn, and let me know if you have any more questions about the cabin.

I just had a quick look on 2013 brochure (UK version) and it says they have a new type of super-size cabin, called '' SUPER FAMILY CABIN '' currently available on MSC Prezioza and Divina. Basically 2 x inter-connecting 3 berth cabins and it sleeps to upto 6 people and it's at a fixed rate for the whole two cabins (i.e. the same cost for 5 or 6 people).

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Ships/MSC-Preziosa/Cabins-Suites.aspx

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

(you'll need to click onto 'page 3')

Super_Cabin530x280_tcm13-59257.jpg&width=130&height=75

Super_Cabin530x280_tcm13-59257.jpg

left.jpgright.jpg

Super Family Cabins plan

Ooh, interesting! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if the price is any different from just booking two cabins. I guess you would be assured the connecting cabins, at least.

I get the feeling that the cabin numbers which are listed as 'super family cabins' can be only booked as such (i.e. 5 or 6 people for a fixed rate) and can not be split up and booked as 2 separate cabins....

Can anyone tell where on the ship the "super family cabins" are, and how many there are? It's not even listed as a cabin type on MSC's US website...compare dogandchief's link

with the same page on the US site

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Preziosa/Cabins-Suites.aspx

:confused:

MSC likes to keep us guessing, don't they?

Can anyone tell where on the ship the "super family cabins" are, and how many there are? It's not even listed as a cabin type on MSC's US website...compare dogandchief's link

with the same page on the US site

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Preziosa/Cabins-Suites.aspx

:confused:

MSC likes to keep us guessing, don't they?

Hi Pluto fan

Just found an 'updated' version of deck plans on MSC Australia's website.

These are new deck plans for NOV 2013 onwards...

Super Family cabins are clearly marked on these now!

Preziosa

http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Images/MSC-Preziosa_DeckPlans_Corporate2013_tcm39-79833.pdf

Divina

http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Images/MSC-Divina_DeckPlans_Corporate2013_tcm39-79825.pdf

Hope this helps :)

Edited by dogandchief

• 4 years later...
All the LIRICA class MSC ships (Lirica, Opera, Armonia, and Sinfonia) have 2 "Family Cabins" . Cabin Nos 9003 and 9006 (on all four ships). THese cabins are designated as 4 berth cabins, but you may be able to fit a family of 5 if the children are young and as such small. Although it may mean 3 children on pull out sofas

here is the floor plan of a Family Cabin

fc.jpg

Hope this helps

pete

So I was looking at an upcoming sailing on the Armonia for 2 guests and was given the option of selecting either 9003 or 9006 for the two of us.... (on the MSC website)... If I book online do you think that they are going to "cancel" our reservation as the room is designed to hold 4 guests?

I also tried the reservation with 3 guests and got the same result - these two cabins showed available for booking. Seems to be a no-brainer if so.

Wonderful, thank you!

Wow, I'm surprised there are so many of them. I hope the idea catches on and MSC expands it across the fleet (unless the price is the same as two balcony cabins, then it doesn't really matter!).

With MSC the price for two rooms will go up significantly in your case (as in mine) because they usually have a kids sail free or super cheap promotion. With two cabins, that's four people who will be priced as adults instead of two.

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, ADVentive said:

We were in 9003 on Sinfonia in June with 2 adults and 2 kids. It was a great setup for a family. There was a 5th bed that could pull down in the bedroom. I also have photos of the cabin which I could post.

I would love to see some photos of this cabin if you still have them? We are in this one in April with two adults and two children x

Does anyone know if these family cabins on the Armonia accomodate 5? We are a family with 3 kids and are booked on the Armonia this June in 2 rooms. I'm not thrilled we have to be split between 2 rooms but the price of the Armonia couldn't be beat so we went with it anyway. It would be ideal if we could put everyone in one room. Those family rooms are likely booked anyway since we are less than 5 months out but I thought I'd ask! TIA.

I was in part of a "super family suite" on Meraviglia a few months ago.  

It consisted of three connecting rooms.  Mine was a balcony with a king bed and an alcove for two bunk beds, and next to that was a studio interior, and next to that was a mirror image of my room with a bunk bed alcove.  The two bunk bed alcoves backed up to each other, which is why the studio in the middle is just an inside room -- the bunk beds cut off its access to the balcony area.  

I was the only one in my room, and each room has its own bathroom and door to the hallway, so they can be purchased in different combinations.  My room could hold four people (two in the king, and one in each bunk bed) as could the room at the far end, and I'm guessing that the inside could hold up to two people, preferably children, because there wouldn't be much room for walking around since that room is so much shorter.