Bar Set Up on Norwegian Jewel

Lorrjman

Has anyone managed to organise a bar set up on the Norwegian Jewel yet? I'm booked on the Jewel for the Mediterranean Treasures cruise (August 10th) with my partner and 13 year old daughter - we have a BC balcony cabin on deck 9. We're terribly excited, having never cruised before. Luckily I came upon this site a few weeks ago and have found lots of really useful information on it, including bar set up - what a great idea! However, when I phoned NCL UK I was told that it wasn't possible to pre-order alcohol and that I should wait until getting on board. The adviser was very pleasant and extremely helpful with sorting out shore excursions for me, but she was adamant that the only drinks that could be pre-ordered were sodas! Have I been given duff information? Have the rules changed or are they different for UK customers (we live in England)?

Can anyone out there offer any advice?

Many thanks.

Has anyone managed to organise a bar set up on the Norwegian Jewel yet? I'm booked on the Jewel for the Mediterranean Treasures cruise (August 10th) with my partner and 13 year old daughter - we have a BC balcony cabin on deck 9. We're terribly excited, having never cruised before. Luckily I came upon this site a few weeks ago and have found lots of really useful information on it, including bar set up - what a great idea! However, when I phoned NCL UK I was told that it wasn't possible to pre-order alcohol and that I should wait until getting on board. The adviser was very pleasant and extremely helpful with sorting out shore excursions for me, but she was adamant that the only drinks that could be pre-ordered were sodas! Have I been given duff information? Have the rules changed or are they different for UK customers (we live in England)?

Can anyone out there offer any advice?

Many thanks.

She hasn't been in service yet, so I doubt things will be done just yet. I know my TA has been trying to organise something on the shakedown cruise I am on that ends on the 10th August. She is brand new so I guess she will have everything sorted on the shakedowns before you board.

Hello Lorrjman:

My DH and I are also on the Med. treasures cruise with you. We are getting very excited !!!!!

There is a roll call started where others on this cruise have shared information. We will probably try to hold a meet and greet on board.

The roll call is under the roll call section of the boards under the thread Jewel 8/10/05. Hope to see you join us.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

:mad: Hello again everyone, I'm still having problems with this and am wondering whether NCL has changed its bar set up system for the Jewel. My TA advised me to contact NCL Uk direct, so I did - twice in fact. The first time I was told that absolutely no alcohol could be pre-ordered for consumption in our cabin. I received the following e-mail response to my second attempt:-

"Drink packages/beverages - we have a list of what can be purchased before your cruise on our web site at www.uk.ncl.com under more information and then wine list. We don't have collective packages but we just sell bottles of wine or champagne individually for celebrations etc. However we do not sell bottles of liquor such as gin or whiskey. You can purchase these frinks onboard or order them via your room service. The only reason we do not sell these is for security and safety reasons. However, what I would advise is to speak to the Chief Pursar on board and only subject to his discretion you might be allowed some cans of beer onboard". (The bold type is NCLs not mine)

I also asked for confirmation on whether there was a self service laundry on board as I'm sure I read somewhere on this board that there was. According to the NCL rep, there is only a laundry service on board - anyone know if this is correct? A self-service laundry would be so helpful on a two week cruise.

Lorrjman,

"I also asked for confirmation on whether there was a self service laundry on board as I'm sure I read somewhere on this board that there was. According to the NCL rep, there is only a laundry service on board - anyone know if this is correct? A self-service laundry would be so helpful on a two week cruise."

The Jewel is advertised as a "sister" ship to the Dawn which we were on this past Feb. for the 11 day So. Caribbean sail. We were on deck 11 in a mini-suite. Midship on our floor there was a self service laundry room with 3 washers, 3 dryers, an ironing board and iron. The machines were FREE....but you had to either supply your own or pay for detergent in dispensing machines provided in the room. As I understand it, on the Dawn there were 3 such self-service laundry rooms. I used this service a couple of times and found it very convenient.

The Dawn also had laundry 'service' which was discounted on special days...(I don't remember the particulars) but I never used it.

I hope this helps.

Happy cruising!

Archived