Pictures from our N.Y. to Reykjavik cruise on Seven Seas Navigator.

I enjoyed looking at your pictures. The geyser was beautiful. Almost made it to Reykjavik back in 1966, when I was working for Air France in New York. The second leg was already booked from Reykjavik to Luxenbourg, so I decided to fly to London for the week-end..

Just as I was thinking what type of camera you had used, I noticed that on the left-hand side of my screen, you used a Canon S45. Just bought myself a Canon A95, and I'm really enjoying it. I must say it's one big giant-step up from disposeables, although I did take some really nice shots with them. It wasn't until I went to enlarge a shot I had taken on Half Moon Cay while horseback riding, that I found the picture to be very blurry, and my disappointment led me to the realization, that it was time to go the digital route.

Thanks for posting your pictures, and also enjoyed reading, The Irascible Professor's, Fighting the red menace, (red ink never bothered me, unless my grade was less than a "B"), and just finished reading the first paragraph of, My Son, the SAT guinea pig. Found it quite amusing. Interesting method of grading papers. I’ll read one each day. Whatever road you take, radio, television or Motion Pictures, I wish you good luck. The stories remind me of the genre of "Stand By Me."

Break A Leg!

Best,

Bruce

Holland America's, ms Volendam, December 16th, 2004, 11 Day Southern Carribean

Holland America's, ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Verrry nice shots. The "schooner" you saw in NY harbor looks like the sloop Clearwater out of Poughkeepsie. It was thought up by folksinger Pete Seeger and he is still involved in the organization that uses the sloop to educate people about cleaning up our rivers and streams. Theodore Tugboat is the star of a kid's show that is,I believe,filmed in Halifax. We loved Halifax but were not there as part of a cruise. Went up for the Military Tattoo. This year's took place shortly after you were there. Their Canada Day parade is great. The Tattoo,consisting of bands and performers from all over the world,marches through Halifax. Where else can you see military bands from Canada,England,Norway,Russia,Australia,etc all in the same parade. And the Tattoo,itself,is said to be the largest indoor shows in the world.

Archived