Splendor Review Long (with pics) 8/21/13 - 8/29/13

megnut78

THANKS SO MUCH! I'm glad someone understands. I tried not to make a huge deal out of it, I definitely didnt want it to ruin our vacation, but if you guarantee something, you should make it right.

Thank you about the picture. A lot of people have been saying that about my kids looking like us, I guess I just dont see it. I have always thought my daughter looked like my husband :) Actually both of my kids do lol. Thanks so much for taking the time to read it!!

Loved your review..thanks for sharing! As for the chain ordeal, I can completely understand your frustration. If they are going to guarantee something they should make good on it and not force you to have something you don't want. And for the salesman to talk "behind your back" in Spanish was rude. :mad: I always see a line for the chains, now I know to stay away.

I love that family picture of you all...it's so cute how your son and daugher look like mini-me's of you and hubby, beautiful family!

Thanks so much for the info about Barbados. The only time I was there was when I was 11 - it was Christmas day and I went into the port and called my mother and that was about it. (I was with my grandmother) For some reason I didnt want to go beyond the port, since it was Christmas. One day I'm sure we will make it back there and I will check that out.

There were mostly only iguanas down by the turtles, eating their romaine lettuce. I loved seeing them! I think they're great!

I enjoyed your report. I'm going on the Splendor in December and I love looking at the photos. I did the Sea Lion Encounter/Swim at Coral World. It was pricey but I loved it. Sea Lions are more my thing than turtles, although I did have an awesome time in Barbados where the snorkel trips make a stop at a site where there are enormous turtles and you swim with them. These turtles aren't native to the area but got there somehow and stay because of all of the snorkelers feeding them. If you ever get to Barbados you should do this. The site is off shore near the Sandy Lane Hotel. Were there a lot of iguanas roaming around at Coral World? There were so many and a number of the lady visitors were freaking out, although iguanas only look meaning, they're actually very sweet.

Great review! Loved your pictures. You have a beautiful family :) I have a question, in your cabin pictures you have a black fan, did you bring it or was it onboard for you to use? If you brought it, was it in your packed luggage or carry-on?

Thanks so much for your review ;)

Great review! Loved your pictures. You have a beautiful family :) I have a question, in your cabin pictures you have a black fan, did you bring it or was it onboard for you to use? If you brought it, was it in your packed luggage or carry-on?

Thanks so much for your review ;)

We actually brought the fan with us and packed it in our regular luggage. All three times with Carnival we never had a problem. Last year on RCI and they didn't deliver my bag to the room because the fan was in it. They took it away and returned it when we got back.

We actually brought the fan with us and packed it in our regular luggage. All three times with Carnival we never had a problem. Last year on RCI and they didn't deliver my bag to the room because the fan was in it. They took it away and returned it when we got back.

Thank you for the quick answer. I will pack it in our checked luggage ;)

Really loved the review and the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Can not believe how big your son is for his age. As I was reading your review I asked my husband to guess how old your son was(he was 11 at the time). And he said at least 16.

Glad you enjoyed them:) So funny that you said that about my son, because he has literally grown about 4 or 5 inches in the last couple of months. He was always average size, if not on a little on the smaller side and he has grown so much lately. His voice is changing as well!

Anyway, I just noticed that some of my pictures exceeded the bandwidth, hope everyone can click on them and at least see them.

Archived