aa checkin at the pier in miami

We cruised the end of April on the Explorer and AA had a check in desk the only stipulation was you had to have a flight after 3:00 in order to use it.... we didn't so off we went to the airport. The line at the curb went quickly but the line for security was long....

Hi,

We were on explorer in April and used the AA pier check in. At the time we used it, it was for flights after 1:00 pm. If you can use it I highly recommend it. The porter took our luggage from the carousel area and brought us over to the check in area. We never had to handle our luggage, of course until we got home.

My question is what is the earliest I should schedule a flight on a Sunday in January leaving the Miami AP for Washington DC. WE get off the Explorer JAn 22nd? Is 11am to early ?????????

Rich in N VA

You should check first to see if you need RCCL transfers to use the pier check-in. I just came back of the AOS in San Juan and waited in a line at the pier to check my bags for an hour only to be told that I couldn't do it there. By the way, I also asked at the Pursers desk if I could check in at the pier and they said yes.

There was a huge post on this a couple months back. The simple answer is yes, AA has a pier check in for RCCL in Miami. However, the flight time restrictions vary by the person who is checking you in. I've heard people say they've been allowed to check in bags for 11AM flights and other stories about people being told that it is only for after 3PM flights. There doesn't seem to be a set rule on the time, just up to the agent working that day. It's a great service though!

My question is what is the earliest I should schedule a flight on a Sunday in January leaving the Miami AP for Washington DC. WE get off the Explorer JAn 22nd? Is 11am to early ?????????

Rich in N VA

You may make it, but if you can get a later flight take it. I missed my 11:40 flight this January coming off Voyager in Miami. It all depends on what kinds of delays you encounter. Immigration got backed up because they didn't send enough agents for the ship, my bag was misplaced, etc. If you do stay with the early flight, make sure to let them know early in the week that you need to be in one of the first groups off, or even better do the express disembarkation and carry your own bags off.

Many thanks for the replies reagrding the earliest I should plan to catch a departing flight out of MIA after departing the Explorer in January. I can get a 1PM and will probably do that just be be on the safe side.

Archived