NCL Epic 1/11/14

thatjoeguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My partner and I will be on the January 11th Epic cruise with a (single, gay) friend of ours. Anyone else joining?

I'm just about to confirm my booking for this one. Any advice for a nervous, first-time cruiser going solo? :eek:

I'm just about to confirm my booking for this one. Any advice for a nervous, first-time cruiser going solo? :eek:

If you're going solo, I've heard good things about the studios on the Epic. They have special events in the lounge for the studio guests, most of whom (I think) are sailing solo.

Also, come to the LGBT thing the first night. That'll be another good way to make some friends for the cruise. We've done several dinner meet-ups with people after that, and we all tended to get together each night for drinks too.

Also, cruises are a blast in general. NCL is pretty informal, so you the dressiest you need to get is a pair of slacks and a polo. Otherwise, just grab some shorts and go!

If you're going solo, I've heard good things about the studios on the Epic. They have special events in the lounge for the studio guests, most of whom (I think) are sailing solo.

Also, come to the LGBT thing the first night. That'll be another good way to make some friends for the cruise. We've done several dinner meet-ups with people after that, and we all tended to get together each night for drinks too.

Also, cruises are a blast in general. NCL is pretty informal, so you the dressiest you need to get is a pair of slacks and a polo. Otherwise, just grab some shorts and go!

I did it! I booked it! Thanks for the feedback, and if I can find this thing, cya on board! :D

I did it! I booked it! Thanks for the feedback, and if I can find this thing, cya on board! :D

Well, if you're in a studio, the lounge will be right down the hall from you. The LGBT will be in the Daily (the "what's happening on the boat" newsletter you get every day.)

Congrats on your first cruise!