Has anyone cruised with CD Jacques Delange?

cruiseguys2009

I noticed on John Heralds CD listing, that on our Ecstasy sailing (in 16 days by the way!) that the CD on our ship was Jacques Delange? Has anyone been aboard a ship with him? Is he an outgoing, proactive, energetic, involving, entertainer? Or a sit-in-the-office and only hear him on the PA system and only show up at the Hasbro show kind of CD?

He was the CD for our Freedom cruise last year. I wasn't impressed. We hardly saw him around the ship, and he didn't participate in the usual CD activities, but we did hear him a lot on the PA. I will say that he was easy on the eyes, when we did see him, But, if your looking for an active CD, he wasn't it, at least on our cruise. It didn't make or break our cruise, however, and we had a fantastic time.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Jacques was the CD on our CTN aboard the Glory last month, but that was so brief and off the norm that I can't really say it would give an accurate impression. I remember him doing more announcing than seeing him around the ship, but my DW and I did actually talk to him for about fifteen minutes (about South Africa, other CDs, etc.) at debarkation, and he seemed a really nice sort. Overall, no complaints. Hopefully he will provide you with a great cruise experience!

Archived