Rental car in Saint John?

We are 4 independent travelers that want to see the Bay of Fundy and the Reversing Falls. Can this be done by renting a car and doing it on our own? Can you suggest a car rental near the port?

Thanks for your always helpful advice!

Avis at 4 Water St, 506-634-7750. This is 3 blocks from the Marco Polo cruise terminal.

I plan to rent the vehicle from Avis. Can you tell me how many km/mi it is from St John to Fundy bay. Some of the vehicles come with a 150 km limit.

Saint John is on the Bay of Fundy - if you air going to St. Martins it's 50 KM each direction so you should be fine with limit. If you are going to St. Andrew's By-The-Sea, 150 KM is not sufficient.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were really not impressed with the customer service at Avis and found Enterprise to be wonderful, though it was a longer walk. That of course was only one experience.

I think you may be right. When I called to verify the mileage limit, the woman sounded annoyed that I was asking questions. Hopefully we will be in and out of there quickly.

We were really not impressed with the customer service at Avis and found Enterprise to be wonderful, though it was a longer walk. That of course was only one experience.

We used enterprise, the person welcoming us to the port called the number on our reservation for us, told us where to wait and we were picked up within 10 minutes. Used Enterprise at St. John and Halifax, wonderful experience. Prompt and friendly pick up at each port.

Archived