Is there anything to do betw. cruise and FLL?

nancyhi

does anyone know the layout enough that can suggest a good airboat tour to see the alligators and stuff, and get from cruise dock to FLL by a 3:30 flight? The excursion offered by the ship says I need to have 5 hours, and flights must leave later than 4. when I called up, they said they'll get to FLL by 2:00. Is this enough time to be processed through security?

Otherwise, I'm thinking to go get a car at Miami airport then try and find either an airboat or something else to do for a couple of hours before going to the airport. If I'm pushing it, is it better to just go shopping at some pier? Is it safe to park our car with the luggage in it at the malls?

thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest sticking with the excursion on this one. If it gets you to the airport by 2PM, that's PLENTY of time for any flights after 4PM. I would say that renting a car and driving around unfamiliar areas would not be worth the stress. South Florida is not the easiest place to drive in.

Archived