Nachi vs Mr Santos

coffeeaddiction12345

My twin sister and I just booked a cruise in early Jan. It'll just be the two of us. We have read countless reviews for both places and we just don't know where to do.

We're 25, and we don't "party." We do not want to be around kids all day. We like to drink, but not excessively. We were leaning toward Nachi but I'm afraid it'll be TOO quiet... but Santos looks not quite as good, in terms of being more crowded with more kids around. We have our own snorkel gear we like to take into the ocean, other than that we like to just sit around and sunbathe, and of course eat and drink! We'll be in port Jan 7th or 8th, have to check.

I know there's tons of reviews, but I wanted to get my specific situation out there to get what people thought. Thanks!

Nachi and Mr. Sanchos are pretty similar....

Nachi is more a really quiet ( no music playing) just hearing the waves lapping the shore kind of place.

Where Mr. Sanchos has music playing and a bit livelier crowd.

Sanchos won't have nearly as many kids as Paradise Beach or Playa Mia will.

Nachi has the 100 person limit.

Sanchos I believe is 200 or so...(but not positive)

I'm 48 and DW is 43 and we LOVE Nachi...

I have to say though, when I was in my mid twenties I probably would have preferred a more lively place than Nachi.

Wherever you choose, I hope you guys have a great day in Cozumel.

Bill

We also love Nachi but the snorkeling at both will be poor - you might cab to the Money Bar and snorkel for an hour or so before heading to Nachi or Mr. Sanchos. Good luck! :)

I tried snorkeling my first trip to Nachi and the next 3 trips I didn't bother bringing my gear.

Money Bar and Chankanaab is pretty much the only decent shore snorkeling in Cozumel.

You can take a extra excursion from Nachi, where they take you out to two reefs to snorkel from a boat.

Bill

Thanks Bill. We're really in between, though I honestly think we're leaning to Nachi. Our ship is only going to Playa Mia and we really didn't want to do that, so either way we're on our own.

Nachi on your own is super easy.

Just catch the $16 cab each way and have a copy of your reservation with you. (the cabbies will try to talk you into whatever beach club is giving them kickbacks for bodies)

Bill

Archived