Infinity Wine package question

bikn4fn

We have always taken advantage of the wine package on our RCI cruises. It has been a couple of years since we were on our last cruise and I don't remember the specifics regarding the rules. I have two (2) basic questions.

1) This may seem like a "duh" question, but ... Does the wine package work like the beverage package - "no sharing". If I order a bottle, can my DW and I both enjoy the bottle (or share with the table)?

2) Our upcoming cruise is 14 days. The wine package only offers a 7 bottle option. I suppose we could each order a 7 bottle option, but this goes back to my #1 question.

Thanks for your assistance

We have always taken advantage of the wine package on our RCI cruises. It has been a couple of years since we were on our last cruise and I don't remember the specifics regarding the rules. I have two (2) basic questions.

1) This may seem like a "duh" question, but ... Does the wine package work like the beverage package - "no sharing". If I order a bottle, can my DW and I both enjoy the bottle (or share with the table)?

2) Our upcoming cruise is 14 days. The wine package only offers a 7 bottle option. I suppose we could each order a 7 bottle option, but this goes back to my #1 question.

Thanks for your assistance

You can share your wine with the wine package, and you can buy the 7 bottle package twice if you want to. You may want to buy one package at a time to be sure you are happy with selection.

The wine packages can be shared among as many people as you'd like because they are priced for a set number of bottles. This differs from the other beverage packages which are for unlimited quantities and priced per person.

The wine packages basically purport to offer a small discount on a certain number of bottles of wine from a small selection of similarly priced wine. Here is a link to Celebrity's wine list and the last couple pages list the wines available for those who have purchased the classic or premium wine package:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

I've read a couple comments on these boards that indicated that, depending on which wines you'd pick the amount of discount can vary from none at all to a small amount. I've never done the math myself but if you are so inclined you can check this using the wine list link above.

Personally, the packages have never interested us as the selection of wines included in them is so small and we like choosing from the much more varied overall wine list.

Archived