Blue Hole AND Sunset Grande (from Ocho Rios)?

sendtodb

We are on a short, 5-day cruise with two stops... Ocho & Grand Cayman. We REALLY want to do a relaxing day-at-the-beach, but are intrigued with the Blue Hole also.

Just wondering if it is possible (or if it even makes sense) to do both. I realize Sunset Grande is all-inclusive, and in order for it to make sense financially, one should probably stay there for a while.

If we take x number of hours to go to the Blue Hole, how much time can I expect to have at the beach?

Our ship will be the only one in port (Ocho Rios) that day, and we are scheduled to be docked from 10am to 5pm... guessing that really means something like 11-4?!?

I have a feeling that I may have to choose one over the other:(, but will wait to hear from those of you who've done one or both of these.

Thanks!

We are on a short, 5-day cruise with two stops... Ocho & Grand Cayman. We REALLY want to do a relaxing day-at-the-beach, but are intrigued with the Blue Hole also.

Just wondering if it is possible (or if it even makes sense) to do both. I realize Sunset Grande is all-inclusive, and in order for it to make sense financially, one should probably stay there for a while.

If we take x number of hours to go to the Blue Hole, how much time can I expect to have at the beach?

Our ship will be the only one in port (Ocho Rios) that day, and we are scheduled to be docked from 10am to 5pm... guessing that really means something like 11-4?!?

I have a feeling that I may have to choose one over the other:(, but will wait to hear from those of you who've done one or both of these.

Thanks!

I was just on ALLURE of the Seas last month that was docked in Falmouth from 10:30am to 6:30 pm.

We contacted Liberty Tours Jamaica ahead of time and they customized a tour for our group of 8. we spent 2 hrs at the Blue Hole, then went sight seeing in Ocho Rios, then ate lunch at Scotchies. You have an advantage because you are docked in Ocho Rios, so you have more time.. We had a one hour drive each way from Falmouth to Ocho Rios. You could prob do both, if you got off the ship right away and went straight to the Blue Hole. Let me tell you it is AMAZING!! Contact Liberty Tours Jamaica and they will customize a tour for you to what and when you want to do it. Their price is very reasonable. Email them directly

libertytourja@yahoo.com

This truly was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip!!! Ricardo was our driver and he was AWESOME!!!

if you have more questions and want to see pics email me at the above screen name @msn.com

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

Really wondering if we can fit in some beach time. I know about the all-inclusives, but that probably wouldn't make sense financially. On the other hand, don't want to just go to some public beach where we'll get hounded.

Hmm...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, switching gears. Definitely want to do the Blue Hole / Secret Falls, but kids want to do Mystic Mountain too.

First of all, is that doable (without getting to crazy, or having TOO long of a day)?

Secondly, what is the best way to do this? Not keen on taxi's, etc., so thinking about a tour operator (i.e. Taylors, etc)

Any help would be much appreciated.

OK, switching gears. Definitely want to do the Blue Hole / Secret Falls, but kids want to do Mystic Mountain too.

First of all, is that doable (without getting to crazy, or having TOO long of a day)?

Secondly, what is the best way to do this? Not keen on taxi's, etc., so thinking about a tour operator (i.e. Taylors, etc)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Liberty Tours Jamaica will do both! Alot less than Taylors... I know this because we too researched them both and others before we went last month. LTJ was the most reasonably priced and not a huge bus but a van.

Peat Taylor had a huge bus I saw. Def DONT use a taxi.. the meter will be running ALL day.....LTJ is one price!

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

Really wondering if we can fit in some beach time. I know about the all-inclusives, but that probably wouldn't make sense financially. On the other hand, don't want to just go to some public beach where we'll get hounded.

Hmm...

You can lay on a beach anywhere....BUT there is only ONE Secret Falls and Mystic Mountain!!!

We used Courtney Taylor for our family of 5 to take us to the Blue Hole in an air conditioned van (not a bus). We also arrived in Falmouth and were so wishing we were arriving in Ocho Rios. Ocho Rios seems to be the closest port to all of the fun stuff. I am guessing you will have a 20 minute ride to the Blue Hole. Courtney can advise you the best on what you have time to do. We probably only spent an hour at the Blue Hole, although my kids would have loved to stay longer. The guide at the blue hole seemed to be done with us so that he could start a new tour with new people. I knew my husband was anxious about being so far from the ship so we went right back to the port. Now that I look back, I wonder if I could have asked the guide if we could stay longer at the blue hole. Courtney would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go and would have made sure we got back to the ship on time.

Archived