Turtle cruise without party atmosphere

gryffin123

Hello all:

We want to do a cruise with the turtles, but we are not really interested in a loud party atmosphere. We are active and in our mid-late 40s. We looking for something peaceful and active. It is our honeymoon, so intimate and romantic is more our style this trip.

I tried to book Calabaza, but they are already full on the date we will be in Barbados.

Thanks for any suggestions!

We went snorkeling wid Neville and left from the boatyard and went out. Just 7 of us on the boat and it was all about the snorkeling and showcasing the surroundings. We had some rum punch and beers too but it was nothing like what we saw on the other boats with the raucousness and large crowds. He does a good job of staying away from the crowds at the sites too.

Hello all:

We want to do a cruise with the turtles, but we are not really interested in a loud party atmosphere. We are active and in our mid-late 40s. We looking for something peaceful and active. It is our honeymoon, so intimate and romantic is more our style this trip.

I tried to book Calabaza, but they are already full on the date we will be in Barbados.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Silvermoon was not a part boat, we enjoyed it.

Calabaza only hosts 12, and they are amazing hosts at that! Gina is responsible for a homemade spread that is fantastic.

Silvermoon has a 12 person & 24 person sail. They offer good food and service, we did the 24 person as 12 was already sold out.

Neither were a party environment, and both were very enjoyable. The edge did go to Calabaza, as the crew seemed more friendly and interested in the customer service aspect of the sail.

Congratulations on your marriage and safe travels!

We just got back from our So Caribbean cruise on Jewel. I tried booking Calabaza and Elegance and both were already full. So we ended up booking with R&R Cruises and it was WONDERFUL! Like the others, the max number they take out is 12, beautiful boat, premium food and drinks, transportation to pier, excellent snorkeling and swimming with turtles. Not to mention Ryan and Rebecca were such wonderful hosts and bent over backwards to make everyone's trip so memorable. We will definitely book with R&R when we go back! Very intimate and not a party atmosphere.

Thank you for the feedback! I was able to secure a spot with R&R! They didn't want a deposit up front though- should I be worried about that?

Not at all. They collected our money at the end of the tour....cash or credit card. You will love it and Rebecca and Ryan!

• 1 month later...
I was also looking at booking with R & R. Can you tell me what time you got back to the ship? I want to make sure we have plenty of time.

I don't remember the exact time we got back to the ship but they will definitely have you back to port in plenty of time, they will make sure of that. The day we were there was stormy and rainy which can take longer driving, (it's about a 30 minute drive to the marina they are docked in), but we had no issues. Even with the rain and storms, we really enjoyed the trip. You won't regret booking it.

The excursion will pretty much take up the majority of your port time, so you won't have time to do much more than walk around the shops at the port if you are looking at doing anything else.

We're booked on Silver Moon because Calabaza was sold out for our port date in Feb. Because we're bringing our kids, we definitely do NOT want a party atmosphere on the boat and also wanted a more intimate environment. Based on the reviews, I think we are in good shape.

For a Cheaper choice, we just got off the boat and hit up a cab to drive us to the 'Boatyard' but instead of boatyard, we went to the free beach bar 1/2 mile down the bay. easily could have walked on the beach back.

Chairs and umbrellas were 10$ each if you wanted them..

Also, there was someone that picked us up at the beach to go see the turtles and ship wreck for 15$ pp. Included 'drinks'

Good times were had and i'd do it again, especially for the cost.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from our So Caribbean cruise on Jewel. I tried booking Calabaza and Elegance and both were already full. So we ended up booking with R&R Cruises and it was WONDERFUL! Like the others, the max number they take out is 12, beautiful boat, premium food and drinks, transportation to pier, excellent snorkeling and swimming with turtles. Not to mention Ryan and Rebecca were such wonderful hosts and bent over backwards to make everyone's trip so memorable. We will definitely book with R&R when we go back! Very intimate and not a party atmosphere.

So glad to hear this, we have R&R booked for our Feb cruise and we did not want a party atmosphere. Can't wait!:D

Edited by wednesday

So glad to hear this, we have R&R booked for our Feb cruise and we did not want a party atmosphere. Can't wait!:D

You will not regret it. A fantastic couple boat food total experience! It's a 5 star above the rest and yes we,ve done them all. Just returned last week and can not wait till april when we will most definitely go again