Taking a stroller on Carnival

amandacolorado

• 3 weeks later...

We've traveled everywhere with our full size bob. Yes it's huge, and heavy.. But it's all terrain and lo is very comfy in it. The wheels popped off and it fit fine under the bed when not in use. Mostly around the ship, he walked.. The stroller was for the excursions and days in port.. And I wanted him in a safe, strong stroller with recline, tire wheels, great sun protection, a good rain guard.. I know I'm in the minority with the full size... But out in port- I was sooo thankful.

PS. For those with normal full size strollers (like chico) they have an over the door holder for the stroller (think inside the bathroom door - or connecting cabin door maybe) for the stroller... I saw it once on amazon.

I found a quinny zapp on craigslist before our first cruise. We used it extensively, it went everywhere with is both on board the ship and excursions. It was never an issue in the MDR or specialty restaurants and we usually fed little one earlier, she fell asleep walking the ship and then we rolled her to our table to enjoy our dinner. The zapp is a very compact stoller but much smoother and sturdier than an umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We had an inglesina umbrella style stroller. We used it for embarkation, debarkation, and ports mainly. I would also bring it to the buffet area and was able to rest the tray on it while pushing the stroller. I found that easier to manage that way sometimes. After eating we would bring the stroller back to the room. Also his first cruise we did bring it to dinner and he would frequently fall asleep in it.

We have a 3yo and 16mth old and strollers were a must for us on the two cruises we've taken with them. The 3yo is in the Maclaren Quest and the 16mo old is in a jeep stroller with a tray. Make sure that the stroller has an adequate sun visor. We have been in interior staterooms on both cruises with a crib too and it wasnt bad at all with the Maclaren stowed away in the closet during nonuse. They were crucial for all of the ports since there would be too much walking for both boys and a lot of hustle and bustle so felt more at ease to have them strapped in and the basket/handles were useful for holding our beach bags and supplies.

Returned from Fascination this morning. Took a Chicco umbrella stroller and a Baby Jogger City Mini. The Chicco fit through out cabin door while the Baby Jogger did not. We had to fold it to get into the cabin. I was glad to have both for getting on and off, and in port, but used a baby carrier and the umbrella around the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived