ACUPUNTURE and or INJECTIONS?

kdinkus1

I was wondering if anyone has tried either Acupuncture AND OR Injections on a cruise ship for seasickness? I have my own ways of keeping it at bay but it would be wonderful to make it go away completely! Also, if you have used these forms, do you remember the price? Thanks for any help given!

I was wondering if anyone has tried either Acupuncture AND OR Injections on a cruise ship for seasickness? I have my own ways of keeping it at bay but it would be wonderful to make it go away completely! Also, if you have used these forms, do you remember the price? Thanks for any help given!

I'm don't think that I've ever heard of either of those treatments being available on a cruise ship.I'm not sure you could get the ships doctor to give you a phenergan injection unless your seasickness was acute and not treatable in any other way.

I have had accupuncture on the Freedom and the Legend I think. They are located in the spa. I had it for back pain. Don't remember the exact cost but it wasn't cheap but it was worth what I did pay. It really helped to releive the pain. The Dr. usually has a small informational seminar early in the cruise so you could meet him and ask questions. I thought all Carnival ships now have an accupuncturist.

I don't know about treatment for seasickness though. But I'm sure if they have one it would work.

I also had acupuncture on Freedom. I had 3 sessions over the course of 3 days. I can't remember the exact cost :( I also had acupuncture for back pain and not sea sickness. The cost will run you the same per session no matter the ailment they are addressing.

This was my first acupuncture treatment and I was DESPERATE. After the first session, I asked the acupuncturist not to place needles in my hands again as they got very hot, twitchy and blue.

Overall, I believe the therapy helped reduce some of the pain and discomfort I was feeling enough to do dinner in the evening with my friends, but I remained mostly isolated during the day. I did feel good enough to venture out for the last port of call the morning after my last treatment.

Upon return, I went to the doctor who provided me with a prescription dose of anti-inflammatory and I was back on my feet the next day.

Archived