How strict are the kids clubs with ages?

cruiselover0213

From what I have seen they are pretty strict. It possible you can make the case, but also consider the top end of the ages of the boys in that group..

We are booked for Fantasy March 22nd-29th and my daughter turns 14 on April 19th. You think they would let her into the teens club? Not sure how I would feel about it but just wondered if is an option or not. Thanks!

From day 1, the rule on DCL has been that if a child is within 30 days of the birthday that would allow them to move up to the next level, they may do so IF the parent consents.

Beyond that, they are way too flexible IMHO! The programs are being ruined by allowing "little kids" in. For example, the "tween" program in the Edge is for 11-14s. The programming in the Lab is for kids up thru age 12, so there is a built in year of overlap. And there have been times when 10s are allowed into the Edge. The problem is that the 13/14s don't want to hang with 10s.

There is also overlap between the Edge and Vibe. The Edge is 11-14, the Vibe is 14-17. This allows the parent to decide where the kid will fit best. The ONLY place they are strict is that a kid is out of the Vibe on the day they turn 18. This rule came into being after an "incident" involving a legal adult who was allowed into the programming.

Program ages:

Club/lab 3 (potty trained) - 12 Within this WIDE age range, programs are geared to much smaller ranges. The club and lab used to be separate, but no matter where the line was drawn, parents wanted it different for their situation.

Edge 11-14

Vibe 14-17

We were on the Dream in July. My daughter is 13. We signed her up for both the Edge and Vibe. They already had her name on a list for Vibe, but we did have to sign a release.

She and her 13 yr. old friends went to both clubs, but spent most of their time in Edge. There was one evening where they went to Vibe but were turned away because that evening's activity was being limited to the age group.

Archived