Paradise Beach & Xcaret

MimiTwo

My family and I just returned from Carnival cruise, Sensation, June 27-July 2. We had a great time on the ship. My group consisted of 2 adults and 3 boys, ages 10, 12 and 16. Our first port was Calica and we spent the day at Xcaret and did the Underground River, Dolphin encounter and the beach. We had lunch at one of the restaurant by the Dolphin Encounter and the food and drinks were excellent. The boys did the Dolphin encounter and loved it. We all did the Underground River float. The two oldest boys can swim. My sister and youngest boy cannot swim. I can swim and we had no trouble going the distance. At a slow pace it took about and hour or more. Lifejackets are required and it helps if you have fins.

My oldest nephew forgot and left his wallet in his swim trucks pocket. We really did not know where he lost the wallet. We reported it to the park and when we left at 6 pm it had not been found. All of his ID, cruise card and $150.00 was in the wallet. The ship departed Calica at 8 p.m. I woke up at about 5:30 am and found a note under the cabin door saying the wallet had been found. It had been brought to the ship. Our next port was Cozumel, which is at very short distance from Calica. It had all of his ID and all the money! It was found in the underground river.:)

We spent about 5 hours at Paradise Beach and loved it. The food, drinks and guacamole and chips were excellent. The adults got massages, one of the boys got a tattoo. The boys loved the water toys. The 12 year old climbed the iceberg 22 times! They also snorkeled and saw a few fish which didn't matter because they were having fun.

No problem getting a van for 5 going and coming back to the ship.

This was my second cruise and their first one and we all had a wonderful time! Can't wait for the next cruise.;)

Mimi, Geez, that was very nice of the person who returned the wallet, nice to know they are still out there! Glad you had a good time and ready to go back. If you don't mind, how much was the van for 5. We are going to Paradise Beach also, and Dzul Ha. Thanks!

Kelly

Awesome News About The Wallet. It Restores My Faith In People. What Goes Around Comes Around. We Too Will Be Going To Pb In October. Can't Wait. I Believe It Is Oct 4th. I Think My Sister (burnsie) Told You We Would Be There Tom (large Group Various Ages). We Will Be The Kamakazii Shooters!!!! Hope All Is Well During This Hurrican Season With You And Yours.

Well this hurricane (Dennis) is slamming into Cuba as I write this. It's clouded over in the last couple of hours and it looks like the mainland is getting rained on pretty hard but nothing here so far! Dennis is about 450 miles away so this the worst we'll get...keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the season!

See you all soon!

Archived