Queen Elizabeth Britannia Club Cabin 8075

Palmeat

We've just booked the 45 day San Francisco to Hong Kong leg of QE's 2015 World Cruise. Have travelled in grills previously but couldn't afford PG this time so have opted for Britannia Club and what looks like a decent starboard cabin with a slightly larger balcony. First time aboard QE - has anyone had experience of 8075? Photos? Any pros/cons of BC?

With thanks, Peter

Our children were in 8033, which is a similar shape, and the extra large balcony was great, as well as the extra space in the cabin. I have photos of their room (looking very much like the typical teenage bedroom, so beware) somewhere on my hard drive and I will try to find them.

This was our first time in Britannia Club, and we really enjoyed the experience. The diningroom is lovely, and the menu quite acceptable. We were able to get tableside crepes suzette which was great.

There were certainly things I missed from PG (especially dining in the courtyard), but I though it was great in terms of value. Enjoy your voyage!

The Brit Club dining is a big step up from the Main Dining Room & more space between tables than in some areas of The Grills. Hopefully the bean counters at Cunard-ival don't squeeze more in, thus defeating the purpose. The Brit Club offers intimate dining, same table/waitstaff all meals, very nice to not be in the noisy main dining room & to go to our table "anytime". The stateroom was the normal Brit Club balcony stateroom, not as spacious as PG, nor do you have Butler service. As it is now, Brit Club represents good value.

Thank you Pepperrn. From these and other photos, looks a little more 'exclusive' (if that's the correct description) than BC on QM2.
Hi Palmeat,

Yes indeed, the Britannia Club Restaurant on QE is independent of the main Britannia Restaurant, whereas on QM2 it is an aft annex of the main dining room.

Of course on QE it was designed to be so from the start (replacing QV's Chart Room).

On QM2 however, the Britannia Club area was a later change, not an original feature, and merely allocated part of the seating in the large Britannia Restaurant to some of the Deck 12 cabins without having to build a new, separate room, or change the use of a pre-existing room into a restaurant.

Have a great voyage and the very best of times :) .

Hi Palmeat,

There are three photos, via the link below, of QE's Britannia Club Restaurant under "Queen Elizabeth Interiors". Hope these help a little.

Good wishes and Bon Voyage!

Alas, my hard drive is a mess and I can't find the photos - but Pepper's photos of cabin 7119 in his QE Interiors album show a cabin very similar to 8075 - plus his photos are devoid of teenage clutter!

Archived