Independence of the seas cabin question

oann

Hi guys

Off on a transatlantic again next year With Independence of the seas. Having booked cabin 2606 on deck 2 I thought all was well until I came over a review that said some cabins on deck 2 had a porthole instead of a round large window. Can anybody confirm or deny ?? Love waking up With the seas just outside my window , not quite the same thing with a porthole.

Thanks

Oann

Deck 2 has regular round windows with a vertical bar through them. In the following picture deck 1 has the large square door and tiny porthole windows. Deck 2 is above that. The larger round windows on Deck 3 are part of the Main Dining Room.

P1060951_zps5e80220d.jpg

Deck 2 has regular round windows with a vertical bar through them. In the following picture deck 1 has the large square door and tiny porthole windows. Deck 2 is above that. The larger round windows on Deck 3 are part of the Main Dining Room.

P1060951_zps5e80220d.jpg

Looking at other pictures it seems that there are three or four porthole windows scattered around the front half of Deck 2, but I'm not sure if they belong to cabins or crew/service areas.

Thanks a lot everybody, that put's me at ease. Working at sea I'm used to portholes being very small round windows set deep in the hull, that's why I was worried when I read the review. Looks like I'll get just as good a view as I did on Vision of the seas. Did have a choice of a cabin forward on deck six but had something similar on Navigator of the seas and people on the bow could look right into my cabin and I also needed to keep the drapes closed at night to keep the lightpollution down for the bridge crew which is why I went with a side facing cabin this time.

Thanks.

Archived