Enchantment of the Seas 9/9 Cabin 8047

hackwid

Was on Enchantment of the Seas about 8 years ago. Though I know it has been rehabbed, I found the ship is tired and worn. There was a lot of rust and worn carpet/bedding. But, I had a nice relaxing sail.

Enchantment of the Seas. Deck 8. Forward Inside Cabin 8047. Larger inside room. DO NOT BOOK.

Above the room is a kitchen - you do not see it on the map; but, it is there.

So starting for each meal period - you hear banging, scraping, carts being moved etc.

The night they have the dancing under the stars - the racket goes on well past 2am.

THEN to make matters worse - this room has a crew area hallway behind It where the carts come out early in the morning. Lots of noise around 8am. THEN last night the luggage gets taken out for embarkation at midnight in that crew hallway. Out of sheer annoyance I called guest services at 230 am and asked how much longer the banging on my wall was going to go on. The bed is on the same wall as the crew hallway. I was told about 30 min.

So from midnight to 3am - you get this intense banging on the wall.

I am not a person who goes to bed early; however, 3am is definitely past my bed time.

I have been on over 30 cruises - had every type of room possible - and hands down - the worst room I have ever been in. I even submitted a comment card telling Royal that they should not sell this room.

I enjoyed the programming and found that with the new drink package that there just seemed to be a lot more intoxicated people running around. I would hate to call it a booze cruise; but, it just seemed like that was a common thread. One of the wildest Quest's I have ever seen.

Other than not staying in room 8047 - I think for the price you can not beat Enchantment.

Archived