How to book an aft cabin

mrsraggy

:rolleyes:Wondering what the secret is to booking an aft cabin with a verandah. I keep hearing about how fabulous they are, but I never seem to see one available when I look online. What is the secret? PLease, someone, tell me!!

mrsraggy

:rolleyes:Wondering what the secret is to booking an aft cabin with a verandah. I keep hearing about how fabulous they are, but I never seem to see one available when I look online. What is the secret? PLease, someone, tell me!!

mrsraggy

Book AT LEAST one year in advance!

I am not sure what to tell you.....I have been on 3 cruises in the last 6 months months all on the Zuiderdam...all in corner aft suites. I wouldn't stay in anything different now. All 3 cruises have been booked within 60 days (at the most) of sailing. I do book through an online agency but usually call and speak to someone to actually book....I just tell the agent what I want (aft suite) and they go through the inventory to find it. I have a deck plan to follow when choosing my cabin. I would suggest calling the 1-800 #'s for these online agencies (they all have one) and speak to someone live.....they still honor the online price when booked through an actual person.

Good luck and I assure you it's worth it.

We had a verandah reserved on the starboard and when the prices started to drop we realized that we could re-book and get a A aft and not pay any additional money and we got a promo that included a $50pp credit. We booked through an online agency, but deal with an agent over the phone. He checked for all the available afts and gave me a list and we made our choice. Then when our companions (who booked later on a guaranty) got their assignments, they ended up below us on the aft too. I think it might have been because our reservations were linked.

mrsraggy

I just watched one website daily. There were several aft cabins available, when Holland America had their sale, I pounced and reserved 4179 on the Westerdam for November. Unfortunately I couldn't get the same cabin for the first part of the cruise (we are doing a back-to-back cruise.) But we'll just have to move the luggage. I'm excited, I can't wait to have a drink in hand and watch the wake of the ship.

I have been on one other cruise. The cabin did have a balcony on the port side. It was a fun cruise, but I am looking forward to Holland America this time.

Archived