Extreme ziplining loterie farms

Kidless cruiser

Has anyone ever done the EXTREME course. My husband and I are thinking of trying it we are 36 & 39 years old and in good shape. If so what are your thought...was it terrifying?? Did you book through the ship or go there on your own?? Thanks

Why the thumbs down? You havent even tried it yet. I have hiked to Paradise Peak From Loterie Farm and that was quite intense but I have never zip lined. It's pretty popular though and you should be able to find many reviews on it in the port review section or on Trip Advisor.

We were looking at doing this on St. Thomas and, when going to book it, their website said no cruise passengers due to their agreement with the ship. From the Cruise line reviews, it is not even that great of a course. We zipped in Costa Rica using a private tour company. I wonder if this is going to be more of an issue than in the past. I know CC has been a great source of private tour info for us saving us quite a bit off ship excursion rates.

Anyway, if you are in good shape, go for it and have fun! We were 48 and 51 when we zipped the rain forest.

I did not know zipping was available in St. Martin. If you go, please review it. I don't remember seeing it on our excursion list or on TA. Ty and hope you find out about the extreme part...probably a longer line than most.

We did this zip several years ago and really enjoyed it. We did book it through the cruise line because we had read that the area was prone to crime, though we never saw any indications of that. I will say that this is more of a ropes course than a zipline. I was 36 at the time & in mediocre shape, and I found it to be quite strenuous, and had moments where I really thought I would have to let go. The majority of my problems came from having short legs, and the ropes being spaced out too far for me to stretch comfortably to reach the next one. That being said, it was an incredible experience & I would do it again.

There is an excellent YouTube video showing the course and how you climb to the first platform, along with video of the rope bridge. The "Farm" website is really nice, but websites can be deceiving. We are interested in the treehouse restaurant, hiking trails, and junior zip line, the "Lil Tarzan". I hope you do it and post back! I did notice they are first-come and no reservations which could be an issue.

We did this zip several years ago and really enjoyed it. We did book it through the cruise line because we had read that the area was prone to crime, though we never saw any indications of that. I will say that this is more of a ropes course than a zipline. I was 36 at the time & in mediocre shape, and I found it to be quite strenuous, and had moments where I really thought I would have to let go. The majority of my problems came from having short legs, and the ropes being spaced out too far for me to stretch comfortably to reach the next one. That being said, it was an incredible experience & I would do it again.

The crime that you were warned about was most likely about driving up the mountain and parking near the top and walking the path to the top. This is where many car break-ins and robberies have occurred over the years. This was good advice that you read. This is the kind of stuff that I want to know about when visiting a place that I am unfamiliar with.

Loterie Farm is at the bottom of Peak Paradise and it is safe to get there on your own.

Edited by Karysa

• 1 month later...

My daughter (30) did the extreme zip available through RCI excursions (this was in February, 2013). She had a blast but said that the 'guides' pretty much took off and she never saw them again until the end. The people around her during the zip was a couple of young, British men and a couple of older women. She said...thank goodness for the young Brits...they ended up helping the older women. I guess there were a few times while zipping that you wouldn't make it to the end of the line so you had to get there on your own power which was exhausting. The older women were having difficulties so the young Brits helped them out. I also believe she said you were responsible for disconnecting/connecting your own equipment from line to line. My daughter has gone zip lining before, as have I, so she wasn't a novice, but I know from experience that if it's your first time it could be very overwhelming and scary if you have no 'professional' assistance throughout the zip.

Not sure if you'll be in St Thomas also, we did the zip line there, it was not scary at all. The crew took very good care of us, they did all the connecting and disconnecting. I have read on tripadvisor that some people like this, and others felt "babied". I have also read Loterie is much more strenuous than the 1 we did (Tree Limin')

Sorry I can't give you personal experience but hope this helps a little.

Not sure if you'll be in St Thomas also, we did the zip line there, it was not scary at all. The crew took very good care of us, they did all the connecting and disconnecting. I have read on tripadvisor that some people like this, and others felt "babied". I have also read Loterie is much more strenuous than the 1 we did (Tree Limin')

Sorry I can't give you personal experience but hope this helps a little.

Kimmie,

Did you have to book Tree Limin thru the ship? Their website says they won't book it directly if you are on a ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

We booked thru Royal, when I originally spoke with Tree Limin' they would take our reservation, but after checking in to taxi costs we decided to go thru the ship, it wasn't that much more $. After the zip-line they walked us over to the Botanical Gardens and waited for us to walk around before they drove us back down the mountain.

Also, there were only 16 slots per excursion so I recommend booking as soon as you can.

Have a great time!

We booked thru Royal, when I originally spoke with Tree Limin' they would take our reservation, but after checking in to taxi costs we decided to go thru the ship, it wasn't that much more $. After the zip-line they walked us over to the Botanical Gardens and waited for us to walk around before they drove us back down the mountain.

Also, there were only 16 slots per excursion so I recommend booking as soon as you can.

Have a great time!

Ty, the prices for Tree Limin for 4 is outrageous. Still not sure about Loterie Farms. May just hit the beach at Little Divi.

Wanted to update the kids had a blast doing the junior/Lil Tarzan course and the place was amazing and gorgeous...except for the ants everywhere. They aren't a deal breaker, but wear closed shoes and watch out for them if you hike at all. This was the most relaxing and eco-friendly hidden place. We didn't do the adult courses, but loved seeing this place and spending a few hours here in nature. Enjoyed the burger sliders and Mahi Mahi fingers.