Port Canaveral Transportation to Walt Disney World?

wanderlust1026

Hi All,

We will be cruising in just a short of couple of weeks!

Question/advice needed...

Is there a shuttle service or some sort of transportation from Port Canaveral (we will be on the Carnival Ecstasy) to the Walt Disney Resort? It will be myself, my husband and our two small kids - ages 3 and 6.

Thanks!

Carnival does offer a shore excursion to the Disney Parks...also the Universal parks. The price includes transportation and ticket (without the Park Hopper option). The bus trip from Port Canaveral to the Parks takes about 1 hour, and no matter which park you choose, you will be let out at the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center), where you can take monorail to EPCOT or Magic Kingdom, or hop onto one of the Disney World buses for Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

I love WDW, scupper me hide!

Thanks for the tip! I just checked the Carnival website and it didn't see the Walt Disney excursion. Is it something that's just offered on board/as the final day approaches? Also, can we just go on our way if we did find that excursion?

Trying to find the most cost effective way. We arrive into Port Canveral on Thurs morning, were planning to somehow get to WDW and then stay there for the rest of our Florida stay.

Thanks!

In a week my husband and I are going from Disney world to ft Lauderdale and found renting a car one way was the best option for that port... There doesn't seem to be any one way charges like there tends to be in many cities. If you plan on staying at Disney and not leave the property book with Alamo or national as they have rental car locations on property and you can drop the car off and not pay for it on your stay.

Kari

Thanks for the tip! I just checked the Carnival website and it didn't see the Walt Disney excursion. Is it something that's just offered on board/as the final day approaches? Also, can we just go on our way if we did find that excursion?

Trying to find the most cost effective way. We arrive into Port Canveral on Thurs morning, were planning to somehow get to WDW and then stay there for the rest of our Florida stay.

Thanks!

I think excursions to Disney are only offered to ships making a Canaveral port stop, not for a ship leaving from there.

I have used FL tours many times.

It is a towncar service.

One way price is 158 plus tip.

They will be waiting for you when you depart ship and will drive you to your hotel and make a quick stop for groceries if you need.

Kerri

That is per CAR I hope? If so, not a bad price. A simple taxi from port to the parks runs about $100, a grocery stop would add a few dollars.

Google "shuttle service port Canaveral" for info (if you use other wording you'll get pointed to Cocoa Beach Shuttle first .... they are not a first choice)

The big dog in Cocoa for this business is

http://www.travelynxusa.com/shuttle.php

they are SAFE and reliable (but probably won't do the grocery stop ... you could ask.)

this is who the cruise lines get crew transport from . .

You are best to pre-arrange something. The taxi company with the contract to pick up in the port has higher prices than many others . . .

That is per CAR I hope? If so, not a bad price. A simple taxi from port to the parks runs about $100, a grocery stop would add a few dollars.

Google "shuttle service port Canaveral" for info (if you use other wording you'll get pointed to Cocoa Beach Shuttle first .... they are not a first choice)

The big dog in Cocoa for this business is

http://www.travelynxusa.com/shuttle.php

they are SAFE and reliable (but probably won't do the grocery stop ... you could ask.)

this is who the cruise lines get crew transport from . .

You are best to pre-arrange something. The taxi company with the contract to pick up in the port has higher prices than many others . . .

Yes that is for up to 4 people.

Cheaper than hailing a taxi at Port Canaveral.

I see in your sig...Bering Sea Winter Vet??...Like the deadliest catch?

If so....any storm on a cruise must feel like smooth sailing;)

Kerri

Thanks!

The excursions over to WDW are only offered when the ship is porting in PC for the day. If you are planning to go over after you disembark the ship, you have to get your own transportation.

Thank you all for the tips! I will definitely do a little digging. Probably look at rental car option...but we will eventually be flying out of Fort Lauderdale after a couple of days at Disney. So trying to figure out should we just rent a car together us from the port to Disney World, maybe return the car for a couple days while at the parks then rent another one way down to Fort Lauderdale....hmmm.

Thanks again!!

Archived