Laundry facilities

jonesing

Well our little one is finally here! He came in at 6/26, 10:46am, 8lbs 5oz, 20 in. Alas he's very "pretty" :rolleyes: according to all who gush over him and so he gets mistaken for a girl many times...even when he's dressed in "boy" clothes. No matter, I'm sure he'll have all the little girls swooning ;)

Anyway, we have decided to embark on the crazy journey of cloth diapering (www.fuzzibunz.com if you're interested) so I wanted to find out about the laundry facilites on the Disney Magic. We'll be doing 2-3 loads of laundry every 2-3 days, do they have a lot of machines? Or is there a constant line to get anything washed. Also, is there a dry cleaner available?

Well our little one is finally here! He came in at 6/26, 10:46am, 8lbs 5oz, 20 in. Alas he's very "pretty" :rolleyes: according to all who gush over him and so he gets mistaken for a girl many times...even when he's dressed in "boy" clothes. No matter, I'm sure he'll have all the little girls swooning ;)

Anyway, we have decided to embark on the crazy journey of cloth diapering (www.fuzzibunz.com if you're interested) so I wanted to find out about the laundry facilites on the Disney Magic. We'll be doing 2-3 loads of laundry every 2-3 days, do they have a lot of machines? Or is there a constant line to get anything washed. Also, is there a dry cleaner available?

There is a laundry service that includes dry cleaning and pressing at very good prices. Two laundry facilities, about eight washers/dryers each. Can be very crowded. Wait until port day when others are off the ship...Sea days are the worst.

First of all...congratulations on your new baby! He's sure to be the most exciting adventure you ever have.

We cruised the Wonder (identical layout to the Magic) and our cabin was directly across from the laundry room on deck 6. Sometimes there was a line to use the room, other times there was not a soul there. It's all a matter of timing.

As a side note, you might want to consider using disposables for the short time you are cruising. I know there are lots of good reasons for using cloth but a few days on the "dark side" using disposable is forgivable. It'll give you so much more freedom to enjoy your time on the ship. You can always pack some cloth for emergency if he doesn't do well with the disposables. (I say this as a mother of 6, soon to be a Grandma, who used cloth on all 6 of them. ) Please forgive me for giving unsolicited advice on this. You know how we Mom's are. We're always trying to take care of everyone! ;)

Cheryl

Congratulations to the whole family!!! The fun has just begun!

Each load will cost you about $3.

You should really think about the disposables for the trip. Nothing like taking a tour & having to bring back a bag full of dirty diapers. Plus as you use up the diapers it will leave you room to pack the new goodies you get while shopping!

No matter what you choose ENJOY!!!!

Congratulations on the little one. We took our Sarah on a DCL cruise when she was 6 months old and it was the best vacation ever.

There are laundry facilities on Deck 2, 6, & 7 on both the Magic and Wonder. I have personally used the one on Deck 7 and checked out the one on Deck 6 when 7 was busy.

There are approximately 4 machines that have a top and bottom section, a washer and dryer. The lines can be long, but I do have one tip for you.

Try to use the machines on excursion days. If you go on an excursion then you may want to come back to your room and do laundry right away.

If there are less people on the ship then there is a good chance there are less people standing in line to do laundry.

Thanks everyone! We are back home now (we're adopting).

He was in Huggies while we were living at the Marriott so there isn't a problem there...we're not doing cloth because we're the hardcore Earth Crunchy types. Otherwise, we would also be using cloth wipes and homemade wipes solution with tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract etc. :rolleyes: He's very comfy in the cloth and nary a hint of diaper rash :D .

I think we'll bring a combination of cloth and Huggies. I think I remember seeing that some people took their babies into the pool (or the ocean at Castaway Cay) so we'll get him some swim diapers too.

Archived