Celebration Cabins

jimb98

Just booked cruise on Celebration. After looking at what reviews I could find I have plumped for Cabin 084 on deck 8. My TA did explain it was partly obscured view, which is OK with me. However she also told me cabin 146 on deck 7 was available. Does anyone know if this would be a better choice in terms of view and noise etc.

If I do decide to change will Thomson charge me any extra; I have aleready paid the £42?

Thanks,

Jim

Just booked cruise on Celebration. After looking at what reviews I could find I have plumped for Cabin 084 on deck 8. My TA did explain it was partly obscured view, which is OK with me. However she also told me cabin 146 on deck 7 was available. Does anyone know if this would be a better choice in terms of view and noise etc.

If I do decide to change will Thomson charge me any extra; I have aleready paid the £42?

Thanks,

Jim

We were in cabin 111 on deck 7 it had 2 windows and the only obstruction was a lifeboat above the window, but the view straight out was unobstructed. It was a lovely cabin, lots of space, 6 large drawers, 2 large wardrobes, the bathroom had a bath with shower, lots of space and cupboards, bath robes, tea/coffee making facilities, and it was very quiet.

• 2 weeks later...
We opted for Deck 6, easy access to promenade deck, laundry room for a few cabins only and great views from windows. Its also on the same level as the Mezzaine bar so less distance to stagger if we are still up after midnight

A lot of through traffic with a banging door though if you are in the end close to the Mezzanine bar - I always worry when we walk that way through to Liberties that the door & through traffic with people talking must annoy people staying in those cabins. The laundry is available to anyone - we stay on deck 4 & always use the deck 6 laundry (& it's a busy one!)

Edited by Julessmiles

Thanks for the info Julessmiles. Luckily we are at the opposite end from the bar but didn't realise there was through traffic. Guess we'll have to stay up late & enjoy ourselves !:)

I thought there were more laundries than there are. Just had a close look at the deck plans. Any info as to when its quietest ? maybe when a lot of people are on shore ? Are there opening times for it & is it free ? mainly need to use the iron but might need a wash mid week 2nd week.

What is Liberties, can't find that on the plan, is it a bar ?

I'm a newbie so appreciate as much help as possible even if I don't have such a great cabin after all.

Are you going on this cruise ?

Edited by NanasitaSue

Thanks for the info Julessmiles. Luckily we are at the opposite end from the bar but didn't realise there was through traffic. Guess we'll have to stay up late & enjoy ourselves !:)

I thought there were more laundries than there are. Just had a close look at the deck plans. Any info as to when its quietest ? maybe when a lot of people are on shore ? Are there opening times for it & is it free ? mainly need to use the iron but might need a wash mid week 2nd week.

What is Liberties, can't find that on the plan, is it a bar ?

I'm a newbie so appreciate as much help as possible even if I don't have such a great cabin after all.

Are you going on this cruise ?

No we aren't cruising agin until next year - on the Dream for the first time too ;)

There is "through traffic" past cabins 231-236; a lot of people use it as a cut through from the lift or stairs to the mezzanine level which is an open area where you can view the shows in the Broadway Showlounge below. Liberties is a bar / entertainment area at the back of the ship where they have bingo, quizzes, music, dancing & discos and you can get to Liberties from the mezzanine. They have some great entertainment in there.

The cabins should be lovely - they are deluxe after all :)

The laundries are open from 8am (from memory) until 8, 9 or maybe even 10ish at night. It may be different out of peak season; we always go in August as we are tied to school holidays but you can usually get a slot first thing in the morning - they can be busy for a lot of the day but it will be easy for you to pop back & forth to check for an empty machine; there are just 2 washers & 2 driers & iron & ironing board. Washing liquid is free & dispensed by the machine & the washers & driers are free too;)

You probably won't be going to bed early - there's too much to do in the evenings; don't miss Horizons - a lovely bar at the front & top of the ship with 2 intense duo - a lovely couple & also Hemingways; another bar is very good too with a pianist & I believe singer/guitarist if you are going shortly.

The shows are usually very good in the Showlounge; there is so much choice of entertainment on a relatively small ship.

Very envious - we love the Celebration & her staff ;)

• 1 year later...
we have booked cabin 084 on deck 8 also for the Caribbean cruise in apr 2015.i am aware ithas a partial obstruction but can anyone tell me if the passenger can walk by and look in on us??

The Promenade Deck is deck 6 - that is the only deck people can walk by outside the cabins, but they do have net curtains to stop people looking in.

A lot of through traffic with a banging door though if you are in the end close to the Mezzanine bar - I always worry when we walk that way through to Liberties that the door & through traffic with people talking must annoy people staying in those cabins. The laundry is available to anyone - we stay on deck 4 & always use the deck 6 laundry (& it's a busy one!)

once had 236, first past the door, cant remember any issues with banging door or noise, a very convenient cabin for lots of things.

we have booked cabin 084 on deck 8 also for the Caribbean cruise in apr 2015.i am aware ithas a partial obstruction but can anyone tell me if the passenger can walk by and look in on us??

We have been on deck 8 before , and whilst the cabin is partially obstructed, we have found it a quiet deck. There was no passenger access outside, so we felt it was good. Also launderette not that far just down a flight of stairs. No bars or food places on that deck so not many people pass through unless they are going to their cabin.

Sweby

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

We arebin that cabin going out on the 5 April.How did you like it,could you see much from the window? when you were in dock was it the land or the sea you could see?? andhow many plug sockets were there??? so for so many question but maybe you can help,thanks in advance