NCAA football in Sunshine sports bar

KatieCharlotte

I HATE asking this question. Believe me, I would never watch football on a cruise ship. However, I have a husband and a son. :rolleyes: I have seen info about NFL games, but not too much about NCAA football on the ships.

Does the EA Sports bar get ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC (on a sea day on the way back to N.O.)?

We sailed on the Magic, which does not have a real sports bar and, according to DH and DS, played only Latin America ESPN, except for the NFL playoffs on the big screen.

ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX are all available both in cabin and in the sports bar, so any college football games on those channels you will be able to watch.

The sports bar also gets ESPN & ESPN2, BUT it is not the US Version of either channel. It is ESPN Caribbean. The broadcasts are in English, but the ESPN on ths ship shows way more soccer, and very little American football. The ESPN2 does show American Football. So if you are looking for a specific game that is brodcast on ESPN in the USA, it may or may not be available on the ship (just depends if they are showing it on ESPN Caribbean), but there will typically be some college football on to watch either way.

So the sports bars and cabins still do not get the U.S. version of ESPN and ESPN2? I was hoping that was old information. There is one particular game they'd like to see that would probably be on one of those two channels.

Hey Carnival, take pity on us poor women who are asked to plan vacations around sports on television and do what you must to air the U.S. version of the major sports networks. :rolleyes:

So the sports bars and cabins still do not get the U.S. version of ESPN and ESPN2? I was hoping that was old information. There is one particular game they'd like to see that would probably be on one of those two channels.

Hey Carnival, take pity on us poor women who are asked to plan vacations around sports on television and do what you must to air the U.S. version of the major sports networks. :rolleyes:

Correct, just off the Valor yesterday, it is def NOT the US Version of ESPN. There were still several college football games to watch on Saturday on the ESPN2 channel in the sports bar, but ESPN has soccer on the ship, and I know in the US soccer was not on at 7PM on a Saturday night! I saw S.Car-Vandy & Wisc-ASU, in addition to the CBS game (ALA-TXAM), ABC game (ND-PUR), and FOX game (OSU-CAL). And these are just late afternoon/evening games I saw (I was in port all day so not sure what Noon games were shown)

Archived