Europe in Sept/Oct with kids

jaykat

We are planning a Mediterranean cruise for 2014, for end of September/beginning of October. That is when there are school holidays here in Australia.

I realise that in the US and Europe, there are not many kids on holidays.

Last year, at the same time of year, we had a great cruise on Carnival Breeze (12 nt Mediterranean) and while there were a few kids, there were not many.

This time, we are thinking about Royal Caribbean Liberty, NCL Epic, NCL Jade or maybe Regal Princess.

Any suggestions about which might attract higher numbers of kids? Our kids will be 12 and 15 at the time.

Either RCCL's Liberty of the Seas or NCL's Epic would attract the most kids.

US schools really make it difficult for parents to take the kids out of school, so the only ones you may see from the US would probably be homeschooled. For Canadians, it would be very unusual to take a holiday at that time of year as well. So, although the two ships mentioned would probably be your best bets, I wouldn't expect any more North Americans than were on the Breeze.

The reality is you will find very few children on board during this time of the year. Personally, I think it's a great time to sail and with many ports I would be less concerned with children.

I agree if there are children you'll find them on RCI or NCL.

Keith

We've done November Med cruises when our DD was about the age of your kids. RCCI had more than X or NCL in our experience. While the number of kids will be more limited than during the summer, you will find some kids no matter when (home schooled, "year round" schedule schools, the odd holiday -- my DD's district does 3-days off late in Oct, or folks who will pull their kids from school to accommodate one of the parent's schedules).

The larger RCCI ships do tend to attract more families no matter when or where.

Archived