Labadee RCC snorkeling excursions

maestroteague

I searched the forum, and read applicable all threads from the last 2-3 years, but none talked about this. There are 2 excursions in Labadee:

1. Labadee Snorkel Safari

2. Labadee Speed Boat & Snorkel (formerly Arawaky Snorkel Adventure)

My question is whether anyone has done either of these and what the results were. My wife and I have snorkeled several times, in Nassau, Freeport, and Coco Cay. Every cruise we've had going somewhere snorkel-friendly has been diverted by an active hurricane or because ports were damaged before our trip. This time, we're supposed to visit Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel on Oasis. We are planning to snorkel at Cozumel, but since it's our last port of call, and considering our previous luck, I'm afraid to put all my eggs in that basket. So I was thinking of doing one of these at Labadee as well, but I've heard there's nothing to see at Labadee. Don't know how far off these boat snorkeling excursions are, that there might be something to see. Any advice would be appreciated. 54 days and counting!

• 3 weeks later...

I did the snorkel safari in Labadee last month. The visibility was decent. Saw lots of corals. Didn't see many fish. When we got in the water we swam against a light current for about 30 minutes then drifted back. It was a fun a trip but the snorkrling was good not great.

If you want to snorkel in Jamaica take a taxi to Doctors Cave Beach. Its costs 6 bucks to get into the beach club but no street vendors to deal with once inside. There is a reef off the shore that is easy to swim to. Decent reef and a fair amount of fish. The beach is gorgeous. There are waiters that will serve you food and drink on the beach.

In Cozumel I highly recommend Cozumel H20. They will take you to 4 different reefs. Lots of time in the water, fun crew and outstanding snorkeling. Small boat with maybe 10 people. They will take you to places the large exursions don't go. Check them out on trip advisor.

Have a great ceuise and happy snorkeling!

I did the snorkel safari in Labadee last month. The visibility was decent. Saw lots of corals. Didn't see many fish. When we got in the water we swam against a light current for about 30 minutes then drifted back. It was a fun a trip but the snorkrling was good not great.

If you want to snorkel in Jamaica take a taxi to Doctors Cave Beach. Its costs 6 bucks to get into the beach club but no street vendors to deal with once inside. There is a reef off the shore that is easy to swim to. Decent reef and a fair amount of fish. The beach is gorgeous. There are waiters that will serve you food and drink on the beach.

In Cozumel I highly recommend Cozumel H20. They will take you to 4 different reefs. Lots of time in the water, fun crew and outstanding snorkeling. Small boat with maybe 10 people. They will take you to places the large exursions don't go. Check them out on trip advisor.

Have a great ceuise and happy snorkeling!

We are looking at doing the snorkel safari. I was excited it said it was a catamaran but I looked at the video and it was NOT a catamaran. Do you remember what kind of boat it was? We have 3 kids who really want to snorkel and this is our only stop where we can do it. Do you think it is worth doing this excursion or just snorkeling off the beach? Last question, How crowded was it? I don't usually do ship excursions because they have so many people but once again this is the only option we have. Thank you

Archived